GFS Marketplace landed approval to build its first Jacksonville store in Southside near Beach and Hodges boulevards.
Schmid Construction is listed on the permit as the contractor for the almost 17,000-square-foot project at 13423 Beach Blvd.
The city Building Inspection Division reports the total job cost is almost $16 million.
GFS Marketplace is part of Gordon Food Service, a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based restaurant supplier that operates more than 165 marketplace stores in 10 states, including at least 14 in Florida.
The stores sell food and products in large quantities but do not charge a membership fee like warehouse clubs.
TGI Fridays to renovate Regency restaurant
TGI Fridays intends to renovate its Regency area restaurant at 9400 Atlantic Blvd.
The $300,000 project at the almost 3,900-square-foot restaurant will remodel the front-of-the-house, according to a building permit application.
Crunch Construction Inc. is the contractor.
Restaurants on the rise
• Taco Cabana Mexican Patio Café was approved at 10422 San Jose Blvd. Ganaway Contracting Co. is the contractor for the 3,482-square-feet restaurant, with a drive-thru, at a cost of $575,000.
• McDonald’s was approved for construction at 11320 Baymeadows Road, near the Interstate 295 East Beltway. Southland Construction Inc. is the contractor for the 4,394-square-foot project at $605,000.
• Little Caesars is being built out in the Kangaroo Express in North Jacksonville at 2733 Starratt Road. Newco Construction of Central Florida Inc. is the contractor for the $185,000 remodeling project.
• Subway is under construction in the Reid Medical Building at 1325 San Marco Blvd., No. 1, in the building that houses Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute. The project is $50,000.
• Firehouse Subs is planned at 9960 Argyle Forest Blvd. in OakLeaf Plantation. It’s a $95,000 build-out.
• KFC plans to remodel its 10770 Beach Blvd. restaurant. The $254,000 project will remodel the building, other than the kitchen and food preparation area.
• Wendy’s intends to build two restaurants. An $868,533 project is under review by the city for Wendy’s in Bartram Park at 12742 Durbin Lake Drive. Another project is in plan review for a Wendy’s at 15236 Max Leggett Parkway at River City Marketplace.
Food- and drink-related businesses filed names recently with the state Division of Corporations under the Fictitious Name Law to operate:
• Blessed by the Best Hot Dogz, by Michael Allen Johnson and Tameka De’Shea, P.O. Box 9022, Jacksonville.
• Candy Junction, by Ahmed Z. Muhammad, P.O. Box 350427, Jacksonville.
• Dubees’ BBQ & Catering, by Djahn Marcel Dubenion, 7400 Powers Ave., No. 600, Jacksonville.
• Bell Bakery, by Christina Anne Bell, 1175 East Coast Drive, Atlantic Beach.
• Napoli Pizza, by Viola’s Pasta & Seafood LLC, 542 Side Creek Lane, St. Augustine. Andrew H. Viola and Helen E. Viola are managers of Viola’s Pasta &Seafood.
• Red Rabbit Eatery, by A Step Above Catering Co., 104 Jackson Blvd., St. Augustine. Cynthia Haworth of St. Augustine is the managing member of A Step Above Catering Co. LLC.
• Old Amelia Tavern, by Amelia Island Brewing Co. LLC, Nassau County, mailing address is 13-1 Riverplace Blvd., Suite 1500, Jacksonville. Joseph Clay Meux Jr. is the agent for Amelia Island Brewing Co.
Licensed to serve
Duval County Tax Collector Michael Corrigan issued business licenses for:
• 5loaves 2fish Mobile Kitchen LLC, to Toben Jon Stubee, 408 Paisley Place, Saint Johns, mobile vendor.
• CamiCakes, to Andra Norton-Hall, 9734 Deer Lake Court, No. 5.
• Nat Coff Organic Coffee, to Michael A. Yates, 6846 Arlington Expressway.
• Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee & More, 8520 Baymeadows Road.
• German Schnitzel Haus, 13475 Atlantic Blvd., No. 41.