• Reese Henderson Jr. has joined the Jacksonville office of the Gray Robinson law firm as a shareholder. Henderson’s background is in construction litigation and other construction-related legal services and he has been recognized as a board certified construction attorney by The Florida Bar.
• The Cultural Fusion kicks off Wednesday at the Main Library Downtown. It’s a citywide group of organizations that contribute to Jacksonville’s cultural experience, like the Zoo, libraries, public broadcasting, museums, theaters, dance groups, symphony, music and choral groups. The goal is to strengthen the city’s overall cultural offerings while strengthening each organization.
• Wells Fargo & Co. will host a free Home Preservation Workshop in Jacksonville for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Wells Fargo Financial, Wachovia Mortgage and Wells Fargo Home Equity customers facing financial hardships. Wells Fargo has invited about 5,000 mortgage customers in the Northeast Florida area to the workshop, scheduled 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday at the Osborn Center.
• The Burdette Ketchum marketing firm promoted its “second generation” to the top executive positions. After 15 years of leadership, founder Karen Burdette is turning the executive duties to Will Ketchum and Patrick Golden. Ketchum has been named president and CEO. Golden, a founding member of the firm, has been promoted to executive creative director. Burdette will continue with the firm with special focus in the areas of vision-setting, agency growth and business development as founder and chairman.
• Gov. Rick Scott appointed two area men to the Florida Defense Support Task Force. He appointed retired Rear Adm. Kevin Delaney of Jacksonville and Maj. Gen. Emmett “Buddy” Titshaw of St. Augustine. Their terms began Friday and end July 1, 2015.
• In more appointments. Scott appointed two area men and reappointed another to the Medicaid Pharmaceutical and Therapeutics Committee. Dr. Mark Hudak of Jacksonville is a professor of pediatrics at University of Florida Health Science Center - Jacksonville. Dr. Daniel Kantor of Ponte Vedra Beach is a medical director at Neurologique Foundation Inc. Scott reappointed Dr. Timothy L. Sternberg of Jacksonville, a physician at Heekin Orthopedic Specialists. Their terms began Friday and end June 30, 2013.