• Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan speaks to the JAXUSA Partnership quarterly lunch meeting Feb. 24 at the Hyatt Downtown. The event is called “Ready to Rise: Lunch with Shahid Khan.” For information, visit www.myjaxchamber.com.
• Here’s a follow-up to Wednesday’s courthouse story: In his Jan. 30 resignation letter to City Chief Administrative Officer Kevin Hyde, Duval County Courthouse consultant Sam Mousa indicated the “project has now reached a point to where my services are no longer required. Current City project management staff and others now have this project well under control, and will be able to complete the project well under the established City Council approved budget.” Mousa’s letter also said the project, from its start was “doomed for City Council support and appropriations” and that he determined a budget reduction of more than $50 million was in order, bringing its total to $350 million from the “ballooned” $400 million.
• The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of North Florida announced three new employees. Brett Hipsley has been named development director and will manage the Great Strides brand, the foundation’s largest national event, for the North Florida office. Mona Hover will serve as development manager and is responsible for overseeing the production of major fundraising events. Charlotte Cudd has joined as event specialist.
• Bill and Kim Prescott plan their sixth “Dine with Us Downtown” Feb. 23 at bb’s Restaurant and Bar on the Southbank. Bill Prescott, the Jacksonville Jaguars CFO, said he and Kim have reservations at 7 p.m. and they invite others to make reservations between 5-10 p.m. Their goal is to bring in 100 diners, but the Prescotts want as many as possible, booking into a second restaurant if necessary. But it won’t be at the nearby Morton’s The Steakhouse, which closed last week. “We were disappointed to learn of the closing, and believe that now more than ever, it is important to celebrate the more than 30 fine and casual dining options Downtown has to offer,” they wrote in their invitation email.
• The 2012 Team Teal season kicks off Monday at EverBank Field with Team Teal Commissioner Tony Boselli and Jaguars Coach Mike Mularkey. There will be a tour, opportunities to meet players and members of the Roar cheerleaders and more events. Gates open at 5 p.m. and the program starts at 6:30 p.m.