• Katie Dearing, a shareholder with Liles, Gavin, Costantino, George & Dearing, was appointed to serve as the chair of The Florida Bar’s Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee for the Fourth Judicial Circuit.
• Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio, the U.S. senators from Florida, submitted the names of U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheri Polster Chappell, William Jung and Stephen Senn to President Barack Obama for consideration of an appointment to a district vacancy in the Middle District of Florida. The finalists were recommended by the state Judicial Nominating Commission.
• The Jacksonville Aviation Authority will host a ground-breaking ceremony Wednesday for KCI Aviation, the newest tenant at Cecil Airport. The company specializes in aircraft maintenance and repairs for corporate aircraft. The expansion is intended to grow KCI’s business in the Southeast and will be completed in March. The event starts at 9:30 a.m. Aviation Avenue and Speicher Drive.
• The next meeting of the Jacksonville Journey Oversight Committee is 4 p.m. Thursday in conference room 851 of the Ed Ball Building.
• The Association for Corporate Growth plans a program about “Money for Nothing. Risks for Free … How the Improper Use of Finders Can Jeopardize a Capital Raise.” The event is planned for 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Thursday at Epping Forest Yacht Club. They keynote speaker is Brian Miller, chair of the Akerman Senterfitt securities litigation practice. For information, visit www.acg.org/northflorida