Online boat-slip registration to open for 2011-12 Jaguars season
The City of Jacksonville’s Waterfront Management and Programming Division will open online registration Friday for boaters who want to reserve a marina slip at Metropolitan Park for the 2011-12 Jacksonville Jaguars football season.
Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may be made by visiting www.jaxparks.com and clicking on the “Online Registration” link at the bottom of the page.
The marina features multiple slip categories with varying fees. The fees are per game or event.
• Up to 30 feet with a 12-foot beam — $25.
• Up to 34 feet with a 13-foot beam — $33.
• Up to 45 feet with a 16-foot beam — $40.
• Up to 55 feet with a 16-foot beam — $50.
• Up to 80 feet with a 16-foot or greater beam — $70.
• Vessels more than 80 feet must coordinate with the dockmaster for availability.
Rafting for boats up to 45-feet-long on wood docks is $20. Boats are rafted up to five deep coordinated by size. Boaters wishing to raft vessels greater than 45 feet must coordinate with the dockmaster on availability.
Car passes for boats with reservations are offered on a very limited basis. No more than one pass per reserved boat will be offered and only as spaces are available.
Reservations for other 2011-12 events, including the Florida-Georgia game, Gator Bowl and New Year’s Eve celebration, will be available nearer to the time of the event.
For more information, visit www.jaxparks.com.