The City approved a permit Tuesday for Haskew Co. Inc. of Jacksonville to build out tenant improvements at 13903 Alvarez Road, which is near Jacksonville International Airport. The space is Building 2 in the Creekside center. The project cost is $1.45 million.
A representative at California-based Union Supply Group deferred comment for several weeks until the center was nearer completion
The unionsupply.com website shows operations in Jacksonville and lists a Florida regional office in Southpoint.
A Haskew executive declined comment and referred calls to a representative of the property owner. The representative was not immediately available this morning.
The 25-acre Creekside Distribution Center consists of three buildings. An online brochure said two – the 146,280-square-foot center and a 94,325-square-foot center — were available. The center was developed by Jackson-Shaw, based in Dallas.
Union Supply Group, founded in 1991, says on its website that it has “grown into the most innovative and price-sensitive supplier of commissary goods and services. Union Supply provides food, apparel, footwear, electronics and personal-care products to state, federal and county correctional institutions nationwide.”
“With nearly 600,000 square feet of warehouse space at our distribution centers near transportation hubs in California, Ohio, Texas and Florida, Union Supply Group fills orders accurately, completely and on-time,” says the website. Its site indicates that Jacksonville is its only location in Florida.
“Union Supply Group is exclusively dedicated to supplying the correctional industry. We have become the fastest-growing commissary provider in the industry by emphasizing security, innovation and value across our entire product range,” it said.
The site says Union Supply Group offers more than 12,000 items “in secure, correctional-appropriate designs and packaging to meet the safety and security needs of the correctional industry.”
The permit information shows 142,329 square feet of warehouse space and 3,951 square feet of office space.
Jarzyna & Associates of Amelia Island is the architect. The property owner is JSW Parcel 2 LLC, whose manager is Jackson-Shaw/Tradeport Land LP.
The Union Supply Group website lists its divisions:
• Union Supply Company. It provides athletic footwear, sandals, work boots, electronics, clothing and miscellaneous hard-goods in the industry. Products include electronics in clear plastic cases and rugged work boots with nylon eyelets to commissary and canteen managers across the country.
• Food Express USA. It provides food and personal-care products to commissaries and canteens. Food Express provides national and private label brands “in convenient and safe packaging.”
• Union Supply Direct. It offers offender and/or friends and family package programs statewide or for individual institutions. Union Supply Direct offers the product range of Food Express and Union Supply Company as well as items acquired to meet special requests. Each program can be customized for friends and families and/or offenders purchase packages. Purchases can be allowed weekly, monthly or quarterly and/or for special seasonal or holiday programs. Union Supply Direct also can work directly with correctional agencies to design programs like its offender “Dress Out Clothing Program,” which provides “affordable, durable release clothing for offenders.” It also offers religious items catalogs to “help agencies save money and reduce contraband by obtaining virtually everything they need inside a facility from a single provider through a completely secure distribution channel.”
• US Commissary Solutions. It directly manages entire commissary operations for state and other large correctional agencies. US Commissary Solutions provides, implements and manages end-to-end solutions from kiosks in the lobby to the commissary and trust account software and hardware.
• US Jail Pay. It provides complete payment and money-management solutions specifically developed for jails and prisons.
The company said it has added a U-Technologies group to support its corrections-management applications and U-Tunes to support its digital content sales
The website shows corporate offices in Rancho Dominguez, Calif., and regional offices in Jacksonville; Groveport, Ohio; and Irving, Texas.
Correctional industry commissary supplier Union Supply Group is shown on documents as the new tenant of a 146,280-square-foot building at the Creekside Distribution Center at Jacksonville International Tradeport.