City OK’s $9M Windsor assisted-living project: One of at least 12 Duval County adult-care facilities planned or in progress
The City approved construction Wednesday of the Windsor of Jacksonville at Timuquana, a 115-bed assisted-living facility at 5939 Roosevelt Blvd.
J. McLauchlin & Co. of Ocala is the contractor for the two-story, 84,240-square-foot building at a project cost of $9 million. The engineer is Taylor & White Inc. The developer is Lawrence ALF Investments LLC.
It is one of at least a dozen assisted-living or adult-care projects under way or planned in Duval County, regulatory records show.
A review of files at the City permitting and planning offices and the St. Johns River Water Management District show projects planned or under review include:
• The Windsor at San Pablo. A 115-bed project at 4000 San Pablo Parkway. The developer is Lawrence ALF Investments LLC and the engineer is Taylor & White Inc.
• The Bartram Lakes assisted living facility. A 61-unit, three-story, 51,682-square-foot project at 6209 Brooks Bartram Drive, Building 200. Auld & White Constructors LLC is the contractor and Brooks Rehabilitation is the owner.
• The Bartram Crossing skilled nursing facility. Construction has begun on the 100-bed Brooks Rehabilitation skilled-nursing facility at 6209 Brooks Bartram Drive.
• The Green House Residences. The two 12-bedroom memory-care residences are part of the Brooks Bartram Campus at 6209 Brooks Bartram Drive.
• Whitehall at Timuquana, Ortega Memory Care. A one-story, 54-bed assisted-living, memory-care facility at 5760-5772 Timuquana Road. The developer is Whitehall Realty Partners LLC and the engineer is Almond Engineering.
• L'Arche Rainbow House. An assisted-living, adult-care facility in four buildings among two phases at 7116 Alderman Road. The agent is PQH Group Inc. and the engineer is DB Civil Works.
• The ARC Village. A community at 3615 and 3631 Hodges Blvd. designed with 100 rental residences and a community center for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Plans show one-, two- and three-bedroom units. The entity to receive the permit is The ARC Jacksonville Inc. The agent is lawyer Paul Harden.
• Fort Caroline Gardens Senior Center. A second-phase, 25,000-square-foot addition to an assisted-care facility at 9150 Fort Caroline Road. The engineer is Almond Engineer and the contractor is Sherman Westmoreland.
• Creekside Living Facility. A 75-bed, 32,000-square-foot assisted-living facility at 5812 Transylvania Ave., near Timuquana Road. The agent is Ken Atlee and the Atlee Development Group Inc.
• The Serena. A 75-bed, 32,000-square-foot assisted-living facility at 5226 Atlantic Blvd., near Jork Road. The agent is Ken Atlee and the Atlee Development Group Inc.
• Beach House Senior Living Facility. An 82-unit, 93-bed three-story assisted-living facility at 1315 Second Ave. N. in Jacksonville Beach. Plans were prepared for Prevarian Senior Living LP of Dallas. The engineer is Abbey Civil Engineers Inc.