Wendy's expanding in Argyle
The St. Johns River Water Management District is reviewing plans for a Wendy's on 1.1 acres along Argyle Forest Boulevard, not far west of Blanding Boulevard. Wendy's of Florida, based in Grand Rapids, Mich., is the owner. EnVision Design & Engineering LLC is the civil engineer.
PDQ restaurant topping out
The area's first PDQ should open this fall.
Roofing was OK'd for the PDQ restaurant at 3260 Hodges Blvd. J. Register Co. Inc. is the contractor for the $60,000 project.
The Jacksonville PDQ development is backed by hometown quarterback Tim Tebow. A second location is "coming soon" to Bartram Park. The "People Dedicated to Quality" chain focuses on chicken tenders, sandwiches and salads.
Smoothie King to open in River City Marketplace
Smoothie King is building out space at Pointe Place in River City Marketplace. AJP Consulting & Construction will renovate the 1,429-square-foot space at 790 Skymarks Drive, No. 103, at a project cost of $76,542.
Licensed to serve
Duval County Tax Collector Michael Corrigan issued business licenses for:
• Soccer Supper, 2850 Hodges Blvd., to Trina L. Middleton.
• China Moon, 8299 W. Beaver St., to Wei Fang Inc.
Food-related businesses filed names recently with the state Division of Corporations under the Fictitious Name Law to operate:
• European Deli, mailing address is 5751 Beney Road, by owners Elvira Sukhar and Semen Sukhar.
• Pattycake Bakery, mailing address is 8027 Naranja Drive W., by owners Cheyanne Lea York and Amanda Michelle Akers.
• Gators Deli, mailing address is 1367 Cassat Ave., by owner Sung Bok Jang.