Plans filed for Wilson Square Walmart Neighborhood Market
Gatlin Development Co. Inc. filed site plans for city review to redevelop the former Wilson Square Food Lion into a Walmart Neighborhood Market, which would be the area's fifth grocery store by the retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Fort Lauderdale-based Gatlin submitted plans to the city to redevelop the shopping center at 6855 Wilson Square in West Jacksonville with a 40,600-square-foot Walmart Neighborhood Market.
CPH Engineers Inc. of Jacksonville is the agent.
CPH also filed plans with the St. Johns River Water Management District for the almost 8.5-acre site, which is at northwest Wilson Boulevard and Lane Avenue. The project will not include or affect the Advance Auto Parts at the southwest corner of the property or undeveloped property at the southeast.
The Daily Record reported Sept. 27 that Gatlin Development, which developed the area's first four Walmart Neighborhood Markets that opened this year, has been planning two more.
Gatlin Development's general counsel said then that work could start early next year on the Wilson Square Shopping Center store. A store at St. Augustine Shores Village at U.S. 1 and Shores Boulevard would start later.
The first four markets that opened this year are in Gatlin properties in Arlington, Mandarin, St. Johns County and Clay County.
Neighborhood Markets are Walmart grocery stores. About 38,000 square feet in size, they offer groceries, pharmacy services and household goods, but are much smaller than the average 182,000-square-foot Walmart Supercenters.
Supercenters employ about 300 people each and Neighborhood Markets employ up to 95 people.Walmart Neighborhood Markets carry produce, meat and dairy products, bakery and deli items, household supplies, health and beauty aids and a pharmacy.
Corner Bakery Café signs lease at the Shoppes on Riverside
Regency Centers Corp. has confirmed that Corner Bakery Cafe will join Fresh Market as a tenant in the Shoppes on Riverside along Riverside Avenue in Brooklyn. The fast-casual restaurant serves sandwiches, salads, soups, pasta and fresh baked goods. According to the Dallas-based company's website, Corner Bakery Café has 159 locations in the U.S. including four in Florida. The new retail center is scheduled to open late 2014 or early 2015.
Food-related businesses filed names recently with the state Division of Corporations under the Fictitious Name Law to operate:
• GT's Food & Catering, mailing address is 10379 Arrow Lakes Court, to Thomas Frederick Harvey.
• Chick-fil-A at Middleburg, mailing address is 1843 Moorings Circle, Middleburg, to Joseph Lynn Mayo, doing business as Chick-fil-A at Middleburg.
Licensed to serve
Duval County Tax Collector Michael Corrigan issued a business licenses to:
• Sue Nami's, at the former Bukket's Oceanfront Grill at 222 Oceanfront N. in Jacksonville Beach, to LRK Restaurant & Entertainment Group Inc. LRK Restaurant & Entertainment Group is led by Carrie Crone. The Facebook page calls it Sue Nami's Surf Shack.
• AJ's Seafood, 21 Arlington Road, No. 1.
• Village Wine & Cheese Store Inc, 296 Royal Palm Drive, Atlantic Beach.
• Farah's Sandwich Depot LLC, 6120 Powers Ave., No. 4.
• Downtown Cigar Lounge Inc., 11 N. Ocean St., to Troy A. McNair.