Across Atlantic Boulevard are Panera Bread, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Starbucks Coffee Co., Taco Bell and Arby’s. Further east of Regency Park is Sweet Tomatoes.
An application for a mobility fee calculation shows a Pollo Tropical at the site of the former Hess station at 9370 Atlantic Blvd.
Amerada Hess Corp. of San Antonio is listed as the property owner, and England-Thims & Miller Inc. is the agent.
Documents show a 3,800-square-foot Pollo Tropical on the almost 1-acre site. The Hess was 1,018 square feet in size.
It would be at least the fifth Pollo Tropical in the area.
In March, Pollo Operations Inc. bought property in the Shoppes at Bartram Park for construction of a 3,801-square-foot restaurant and drive-thru at 13776 Old St. Augustine Road. The other three Pollo Tropicals are at St. Johns Town Center, River City Marketplace and at San Jose Boulevard and Claire Lane.
Pollo Tropical Chicken on the Grill is part of Pollo Operations Inc. of Miami.
The chain focuses on Caribbean-inspired, citrus-marinated grilled chicken. In addition to its signature grilled chicken, it offers slow-roasted mojo pork, salads, sandwiches and wraps.
Documents with the Regency application name Pollo Operations Inc. of Miami and Fiesta Restaurant Group Inc. of Addison, Texas.
Fiesta Restaurant Group, which owns and franchises Pollo Tropical and Taco Cabana, also intends to test-market a new concept — Cabana Grill — in Mandarin as one of at least two test sites. The first is in the Atlanta area.
The Cabana Grill development is under city zoning reviews.
“Cabana Grill a Taste of Mexico” is shown on site plans at 10422 San Jose Blvd., at Oak Bluff Lane.
Starbuck’s plans Roosevelt location
Starbucks Coffee Co. continues its area expansion, planning to add a shop at 4265 Roosevelt Blvd.
Site plans were filed with the city for a 1,890-square-foot Starbucks.
Reynolds, Smith and Hills Inc. is the project engineer. The client is 23 Investments LLC of Tampa.
Food-related businesses filed names recently with the state Division of Corporations under the Fictitious Name Law to operate:
• Mike’s Halal Restaurant, to Michael N. Hilliard, 3731 Moncrief Road W.
• O’Brothers Irish Pub, to Father Finnegan’s LLC, 1521 Margaret St. Registered agent is Drew Cavins. Managers are Coastal Hospitality Inc., whose president is Cavins and vice president is Kristen Cavins, and O’Brother Curt Inc. of Fleming Island, whose director is Curt Cavins.
• Sushiko Japanese Restaurant, 3620 St. Johns Ave.
• Hardee’s Charbroiled Thickburgers Red Burrito, 11191 San Jose Blvd.
• Krispy Kreme, 7612 Merrill Road.
• V Pizza, 1406 Hendricks Ave.
Licensed to serve
Duval County Tax Collector Michael Corrigan issued business licenses for:
• Bono’s Express, to Chance Victor Gerisch, 7232 Berry Ave.
• Mrs. Nesbit’s Weiners, to Charmaine Carter, 10110 Fort George Road, mobile vendor.
• Roberto’s LLC, to Robert Dana Sakhai, 2111 University Blvd. N.
Trader Joe’s, Publix top consumer survey
Trader Joe’s is North America’s favorite grocery retailer based on satisfaction, reports The Shelby Report, citing a study by Market Force Information of more than 6,200 consumers.
Publix and Aldi were ranked second and third, and all three were lauded for their courteous and fast service as well as the quality of their private-label brands, according to Shelby, a trade publication.
In more detail:
• Trader Joe’s, based in Monrovia, Calif., was No. 1 of the 12 grocery chains studied, trailed by Publix, Aldi and Costco. It is the second consecutive year that Trader Joe’s ranked first and Publix ranked second. Publix and Costco have Jacksonville stores. Trader Joe’s plans to open its first area store in Jacksonville Beach, while Aldi has plans for stores in St. Augustine and Middleburg.
• Lakeland-based Publix and Trader Joe’s scored the highest in many of the operational attributes that matter most to consumers, such as courteous service, fast checkouts and inviting atmosphere. Aldi, an international chain with U.S. offices near Chicago, was the clear leader in low prices. Publix rated highest for atmosphere and speedy checkouts
• Market Force looked at consumer preferences across categories such as produce, meat and private-label products. Costco, based in Issaquah, Wash., trumped Publix for the highest quality meat. Publix won on offering the highest quality produce.
Recently, Consumer Reports rated Publix as the No. 3 supermarket chain in the country in consumer satisfaction. It came in behind Rochester, N.Y-based Wegmans as No. 1 and Trader Joe’s as No. 2.
Regency could be gaining a Pollo Tropical in the Regency Park area, between Chick-fil-A and Chili’s, strengthening a restaurant corridor that includes TGI Friday’s and Outback Steakhouse at Regency Park.