Food notes: Delhaize completes sale to Bi-Lo
Delhaize Group, based in Brussels, Belgium, announced today that it has completed the divestment of the Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid’s operations to Jacksonville-based Bi-Lo Holdings for $246 million in cash.
It also completed, in a separate transaction, the sale of its distribution center in Plant City to C&S Wholesale Grocers for $28 million.
Delhaize Group, an international food retailer, operates in nine countries on three continents. As of the end of the first quarter, its sales network consisted of 3,520 stores.
BurgerFi to open by October
BurgerFi says it will open the chain’s first Jacksonville restaurant during the third quarter, which is July-September.
Skyline Construction Inc. is renovating space at 4980 Big Island Drive at The Markets at Town Center for the burger chain. Visionworks is the other tenant in the building.
The menu for the North Palm Beach-based company includes Angus burgers, a quinoa burger, Kobe beef hot dogs, gourmet toppings, desserts, craft beer and wine.
Cheesecake Factory OK’d for canopy-covered seating
The city approved a permit for The Cheesecake Factory to put up an exterior canopy for covered seating at its St. Johns Town Center restaurant at 10260 Midtown Parkway. RCC Associates Inc.
is the contractor for the 1,250-square-foot
Manila Bakery plans new Westside location
Site plans are in review for A&D Manila Bakery in West Jacksonville.
A&D Manila Bakery plans a 1,632-square-foot bakery at 5407 Enchanted Drive, off 103rd Street west of the Interstate 295 West Beltway.
A&D Manila operates at 7628 103rd St., No. 2.
Eats and drinks
Food- and drink-related businesses filed names recently with the state Division of Corporations under the Fictitious Name Law to operate:
• Local Rustic Market, by Host-PJJD Jacksonville Joint Venture, 2400 Yankee Clipper Drive, Jacksonville International Airport.
• Bay Street Dive Club LLC, by Bay Street Dive Club LLC, 331 E. Bay St. Managing members are Mark Hemphill of Jacksonville Beach and Stephen Suddath of Jacksonville.
• Tropical Smoothie, by Ju-Tang LLC, 1808 Hendricks Ave. Managing member is Ronald Penna of Jacksonville.
• Shuga Shack Shave Ice, by Caralee Patrice Hollis, 3224 Julington Creek Road.
• Dawgie Style Hot Dogs, by Chester L. Sanders & Co. LLC, 5847 Liska Drive. Members are Kuman Sanders, Quandra Johnson and Hakon Sanders.
• Nacho Mamas, by Amelia Hammertime, P.O. Box 16569, Fernandina Beach.
Licensed to serve
Duval County Tax Collector Michael Corrigan issued business licenses for:
• La Carreta Restaurant & Kaffee, to La Carreta Restaurant & Kaffee LLC, 1265 Lane Ave., No. 9.
• La Carreta Restaurant & Kaffee LLC, to Magda M. Coxwell, 1265 Lane Ave., No. 9.
• Pinocchio Café Shop Inc., to Muharem Podhumljak, 5711 Bowden Road, No. 16.
• Bold Bean Coffee Roasters, to James C. Burnett, 2400 S. Third St., No. 201, Jacksonville Beach.