HOME
 
- 2014 - August - 15th -

Interstate 295 project moved up to start next year

From The News Service of Florida

Six large road projects throughout Florida, at a combined cost of $806.7 million, have been formally moved to the front of the state’s Five Year Work Program.

The list includes nearly $180 million to add lanes and reconstruction Interstate 295 from Butler Boulevard to Florida 9B. It was originally scheduled to start in 2017, but will now begin next year. A news release said the project will increase traffic capacity and relieve congestion.

Other projects being moved up are: U.S. 41 in Charlotte County; Interstate 75 in Hernando County; Florida 30 in Bay County; Interstate 95 in Volusia County; and Florida 821 in Miami-Dade County.

The work in Volusia County, to six-lane a 14-mile stretch of I-95 is the most expensive at $255 million.

“These projects will enhance our infrastructure to support commerce, decrease commute times and make our roads safer for families,” Gov. Rick Scott said in a prepared statement Thursday.

The money for each project had been approved as part of the state’s budget for the current fiscal year. The governor’s office announced the allocations in June.

Last Week
Month
3 Months
Published for 26,551 consecutive weekdays
 
Bailey Publishing and Communications, Inc. Bailey Printing & Imaging Realty Builder Connection
Covering events in the Realty and Building communities in Northeast Florida.
10 North Newnan Street · Jacksonville, FL 32202 · (904) 356-2466 · Fax (904) 353-2628
© 2014 Bailey Publishing & Communications, Inc. All Right Reserved.

Privacy Policy · Refund Policy