Interviews will be scheduled June 11.
The 4th Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission received 18 applications for the vacancy created by the resignation of Circuit Judge Robert Foster.
The candidate pool comprises a Duval County judge, a circuit judge who is serving in Broward County, two magistrates and 14 attorneys in public service and in private practice:
• Janet Abel, circuit director, Office of Regional Conflict Counsel and Civil Regional Counsel
• Duval County Judge Lester Bass
• William Beard, director for county court, Public Defender’s Office
• Melina Buncome, assistant public defender
• Nassau County Magistrate Janet Carver
• Michael Fackler, shareholder, Milam Howard Nicandri Gillam & Renner
• 17th Judicial Circuit Judge Charles Greene (Broward County)
• Leslie Hendricks, senior attorney, state Department of Children and Families
• James Kallaher, senior associate, Law Office of Bohdan Neswiacheny
• Duval County Magistrate and Hearing Officer Robin Lanigan
• Jon Lasserre, shareholder, Rogers Towers
• Rhonda Peoples-Waters, president and owner, Rhonda Peoples-Waters PA
• Erin Perry, assistant state attorney, division chief
• Harrison Poole, shareholder, Poole & Poole PA
• Chanda Rogers, partner, Faltemier Rogers
• Brett Steger, partner, Davis, Broussard & Steger
• Julie Taylor, 4th Judicial Circuit court counsel
• David Tucker, regional counsel, state Department of Children and Families
After evaluating the applications and investigating the applicants, the commission will conduct interviews on June 11 at the Duval County Courthouse.
The interviews and other proceedings of the commission, with the exception of deliberations, are open to the public.
The commission is directed by Gov. Rick Scott to submit by June 22 a list of six nominees, at which time he will have up to 60 days to appoint Foster’s replacement or request additional nominee recommendations from the commission.