The 4th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission has submitted six names to Gov. Rick Scott for consideration in the appointment of a local County Court judicial vacancy.
Nineteen people applied to the commission for the vacancy left by County Judge Russell Healey, whom Scott appointed to the circuit bench in April.
The six people moving on are:
• Lester Bass, general magistrate with the Dependency Drug Court.
• Brian Cabrey, partner with Zisser, Brown, Nowlis & Cabrey.
• Angela Mathews Gale, attorney.
• Ashley Wells Greene, an associate with Bedell, Dittmar, DeVault, Pillans & Coxe.
• Devin Reed, procurement director for the Jacksonville Aviation Authority.
• Mark Sieron, partner with Aguilar, Sieron & Yeomans.
Scott will have 60 days to appoint one of the commission’s nominees, or could ask for more.