Safety precautions will be in place, including requirements to wear face masks.
On May 13, the Duval County Tax Collector will begin serving customers by appointment only at its 7120 Hogan Road office in South Jacksonville.
All other locations remain closed to in-person customers, but many transactions may be completed via phone or mail.
Precautions will be taken to ensure employees and customers are safe:
• Customers and staff will be required to wear face masks. Customers will not be permitted to enter without a face mask.
• The number of people permitted inside the office will be limited to 25% of capacity. The number of staffed workstations will be limited to ensure proper social distancing between employees and customers.
• Tape will be placed on the floor in front of each workstation to indicate where customers should stand in order to maintain 6 feet between the clerk and the customer.
• Customers should not arrive before their appointment time and will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicles if they do.
• Customers without an appointment will not be allowed to enter, and only the customer being served will be allowed in with the exception of minors with parents.
• A cleaning person will be on-site all day to clean and sanitize high-traffic areas.
• Driving tests and concealed weapons permits will not be offered at this time.
Appointments can be made online at duvaltaxcollect.net or by phone at (904) 255-5700. Customers are asked not to make appointments for any transaction that does not require a face-to-face visit. Most transactions can be completed online, by phone or mail. New driver's license applications or renewals that require a picture will need an appointment.
For more information, visit duvaltaxcollect.net or call (904) 255-5700. You also may email the office at [email protected].