Need a Hostess fix? Check out Big Lots
Big Lots has become the “Official Hostess Thrift Outlet.”
The Columbus, Ohio-based retail chain announced last month that customers could buy fresh Twinkies, CupCakes, Zingers, Fruit Pies and other Hostess snack cakes at reduced prices at Big Lots locations. The products will be sold at Big Lots for up to 40 percent off the suggested retail price.
A year ago, Hostess won U.S. Bankruptcy Court permission to sell the majority of its cake brands, including Twinkies, to Apollo Global Management LLC and Metropoulos & Co., which teamed up with an offer of about $410 million. The products returned to the shelves July 15 but the outlets remained closed.
The Big Lots locations will receive products weekly. “The assortments will be different each week and will vary by store,” said Chief Customer Officer Andy Stein in a news release.
Big Lots says it is America’s largest broadline close-out retailer, operating 1,493 stores in 48 states. For more information, visit www.biglots.com.
Top-selling frozen foods in Jacksonville
The Shelby Report of the Southeast trade publication reports that for the 52 weeks that ended Dec. 29, the 10 top-selling frozen foods in the Jacksonville market were:
• Tyson Foods chicken
• DiGiorno Pizza
• Stouffer’s multiserve dinners and entrees
• Tyson Foods processed chicken
• Blue Bell Ice Cream
• Breyers ice cream
• Hot Pockets
•?Stouffers single-serve dinners and entrees
• Jimmy Dean breakfast items
• Totino’s Party Pizza
No. 11 was Jacksonville-based Bubba Burger.
Licensed to serve
Duval County Tax Collector Michael Corrigan issued business licenses for:
• Boiling Crawfish Inc., to Jeffrey Minh Le, 5149-1 Normandy Blvd.
• South In Your Mouth, to Donald S. Trauthwein, 6656 Ramoth Drive, mobile vendor.
• Oh Yeah Bar-b-que, to Reginald B. Miller, 6605 Valiant Drive, mobile vendor.
• TNT Food Services Inc., to Torrey L. Lewey, 3980 Southside Blvd., No. 110, mobile vendor.
Food-related businesses filed names recently with the state Division of Corporations under the Fictitious Name Law to operate:
• Rezee’s Café, by Carrie Elizabeth Cornwall, 8171 Baymeadows Way W.
• And A Side of Ice Cream, by Lauren Elaine Margolin, 4020 Grande Vista Blvd., No. 110, St. Augustine.
• Annie’s Old Fashion Ice Cream Parlor, by Shasta Melton, P.O. Box 862, Hastings.
• Razzle Sports Bar and Grill, by Dale Aderman LLC, 2223 County Road 220, Suite 205, Middleburg.
• Zoës Kitchen Simple Tasty Fresh, 4624 Town Crossing Drive, No. 149.