Builders association names new leaders and honors members at its annual celebration.
The Northeast Florida Builders Association installed its leaders for 2019 while honoring many of the people and companies the organization represents with the announcement of several awards.
The group hosted its annual installation and awards ceremony Jan. 18 at the Jacksonville Marriott, which kicked off with Mayor Lenny Curry leading the Pledge of Allegiance and thanking NEFBA for endorsing his mayoral campaign.
Chet Skinner, of Skinner Bros. Realty and NEFBA's 2016 president, served as the event's master of ceremonies.
The awards presented and the recipients:
• Apprenticeship Employer of the Year Award: Steve Glover, DeBerry Electric
• NEFBA Membership Cup: Gene Rover, B&G Plumbing
• Bill Soforenko Affordable Housing Award: HabiJax
• Good Government Award: Beth Breeding, Silverfield Development
• PWB Chairman’s Award: Julie Schafer, Aurora Builders
• Remodeler’s Council Chairman’s Award: Clayton Brogdon, Brogdon Builders
• Sales & Marketing Council Bob Ransom Chairman’s Award: Jocylyne Corlew, ICI Homes
• Leadership Award: Michael Lenahen, Aurora Builders
• Arnold Tritt Achievement Award: Trudy Clark, TECO Peoples Gas
• Fred King Associate of the Year Award: Jamie Warrington, BMC
• Builder of the Year Award: Chris Dostie, Dostie Homes