The Escape Game intends to open in late winter; two Gate Express Carwashes in the works.
5.11 Tactical has Town Center Promenade in its sights.
The city approved construction Aug. 21 for ShayCore Enterprises Inc. to build the 7,040-square-foot building that will be leased to 5.11 Tactical as well as to a nail salon and sushi shop.
The construction cost of the shell building is $826,000. Tenant build-out will be separately permitted. The building is on 1.1 acres at 4600 Tropea Way along Town Center Parkway. Irvine, California-based 5.11 Tactical “makes innovative tactical apparel and gear designed for those who engage in the toughest missions.”
Plans show 5.11 Tactical will lease 4,000 square feet while the nail salon and sushi shop will lease the remaining two spaces of 1,520 square feet each.
• Town Center Promenade is adding a Firestone Complete Auto Care service center at 4628 Tropea Way. The 6116-square-foot center is planned on 0.82 acre. Bridgestone Retail Operations Inc. of Nashville is the owner and developer.
• The Escape Game intends to open in late winter at St. Johns Town Center. Based in Nashville, the company will open its second Florida location at the former Gretchen’s Hallmark space at 4720 Town Crossing Drive, No. 107.
• Dollar General intends to build at 7194 Wilson Blvd. in West Jacksonville. Fulcrum Construction Group LLC of Daphne, Alabama, is the contractor in the permit application for the $297,000 project to build a 7,512-square-foot store on 1.03 acres. The site is at Firestone Road and east of Interstate 295.
• Walmart is adding a Quest Diagnostics laboratory in its Supercenter at 12100 Lem Turner Road. Skyline Construction Inc. is the contractor for the $100,000 tenant work for the 685-square-foot project. Walmart opened its first Quest lab in Jacksonville at its Regency Supercenter. It’s part of a partnership between Quest and Walmart announced in June 2017 to open labs in supercenters.
• Gate filed plans with the St. Johns River Water Management District for two Gate Express Carwashes. One is in Clay County at 7134 Coppergate Drive in Middleburg. The 4,956-square-foot building is planned on almost 2 acres at Blanding Boulevard and Coppergate Drive. Prosser Inc. is the civil engineer. Another is in Duval County at 3504 Blanding Blvd. at southwest Blanding Boulevard and Hyde Park Road. The 5,101-square-foot building is on 1.86 acres. CPH Inc. is the civil engineer.
• Kate Spade was approved for interior build-out at the St. Augustine Premium Outlets at 2700 Florida 16. It’s a $175,000 project.
• Club Pilates is in review for build-out at Brooklyn Station on Riverside. Hurd Construction is the contractor for the $84,305 project in 1,495 square feet at 150 Riverside Ave.