The Escape Game opened Friday at 4720 Town Crossing Drive.
• Arlington Toyota intends to remove office-warehouse buildings at 10939 Atlantic Blvd. and build a new dealership showroom along with parking. The St. Johns River Water Management District is reviewing a permit application by Arlington Realty LLC. Matthews Design Group is the engineering consultant. Plans for the 12.41-acre site show existing buildings of 44,171 square feet and proposed structures of 44,063 square feet. Two buildings facing Atlantic Boulevard will be demolished and a new showroom, parts department and service stalls will be built. The large existing dealership structure will be used for service, parts and internet sales, while another will be expanded with new paint booths.
• Anytime Fitness is building-out at 5541 Roosevelt Blvd. in Venetia Village. BTD Contracting LLC is the contractor for the $333,223 project for a 6,186-square-foot gym.
• Dollar General is building a free-standing store at 14619 Yellow Bluff Road in North Jacksonville. The city issued a permit for Concept Construction to build the 9,100-square-foot store and a dumpster enclosure at a cost of almost $310,000.
• O’Reilly Auto Parts is moving toward development of a 7,716-square-foot store on 2.03 acres along Orange Avenue in Green Cove Springs in Clay County. The St. Johns River Water Management District is reviewing a permit application for the project.
• Hagan Ace Hardware is preparing for a store in Yulee. The St. Johns River Water Management District said it will grant a permit for construction of a 20,000-square-foot hardware store and garden center on 3.67 acres at Miner Road. Hagan Ace of Yulee LLC is the owner and applicant. Allyn Tidball is the civil engineer. Plans show a 19,952-square-foot hardware store, 10,200-square-foot garden center and greenhouse structures.
• The city is reviewing a permit application for construction of an eight-suite, 11,082-square-foot shopping center at 705 Duval Station Road in North Jacksonville. No contractor is listed for the $850,000 construction of the shell building. The owner is RBSSSS LLC, which bought the property Feb. 26 for $530,000. RBSSSS is led by Ramzy Bakkar, president of the Bakkar Group, a retail shopping center owner and developer.
• Discount Tire intends to build an 8,192-square-foot location on 1.29 acres along Race Track Road next to The Home Depot in The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
• The Escape Game opened Friday at 4720 Town Crossing Drive, Suite 17, in St. Johns Town Center. The location is the second in Florida for the Nashville-based company, which opened the first in April 2015 in Orlando. The Escape Game Jacksonville opens with four 60-minute adventure experiences for participants who follow clues to escape: Prison Break; The Heist; Special Ops: Mysterious Market; and Gold Rush. The posted price is $32.99 a person. For information, visit TheEscapeGame.com/Jacksonville.