Business to offer animal boarding, indoor and outdoor play areas and day care.
The city is reviewing a permit for contractor Emerald C’s Development Inc. to renovate a San Marco building at 1075 Hendricks Ave. for Dogtopia.
The $463,829 project is for the renovation of 3,960 square feet of space.
The animal boarding and day care facility includes interior playrooms and an outdoor play area.
Dogtopia was awarded conceptual approval by the Downtown Development Review Board in January and will return for final approval.
The vacant building on a 0.33-acre site will require interior and exterior renovations including a reconfiguration of the parking spaces.
Happy Family LLC owns the land and will install a circular driveway for easy drop-off and pickup, in addition to new parking along the side of the building for clients and employees, according to the DDRB approval.
Dogtopia, based in Phoenix, will be led locally by franchisees Addie and Ali Kasraeian.
• Arby’s will remodel its restaurant at 5660 Beach Blvd. at a cost of $390,958. Southland Construction Inc. is the contractor.
• The city is reviewing site improvement plans for McDonald’s at 14200 Beach Blvd. It will remove the PlayPlace and put in a patio; update the drive-thru with a side-by-side drive-thru and bring the site into ADA compliance. CPH Inc. is the architect and engineer.
• The city also is reviewing site plans for McDonald’s at 7245 Merrill Road for a side-by-side drive-thru. CPH Inc. is the agent.
The city issued a Mobility Fee Calculation Certificate of $17,708 to mitigate the traffic impact.
• Crane Ramen applied for a Certificate of Use for a 1,800-squre-foot restaurant at 1029 Park St. in Five Points.
• O’Reilly Auto Parts will build in West Jacksonville at 11525 W. Beaver St. No contractor is listed for the $856,596 project to build a 7,225-square-foot store on almost an acre.
• The city issued a Concurrency Reservation Certificate for construction of ABC Fine Wine & Spirts at Town Center and Gate parkways in The Crossing at Town Center.
Plans show a two-story ABC in a 17,381-square-foot building on 1.64 acres. England, Thims & Miller Inc. is the agent.
An adjacent tenant would take about 3,920 square feet.
The site is next to the PDQ restaurant. Concurrency is the city’s determined level of impact by a new development.
• Pilot Express plans are in city review for development along Zoo Parkway east of Interstate 295. The 6,248-square-foot convenience store and gas station is planned on 5.72 acres. Connelly & Wicker Inc. is the civil engineer.
• Elkins Construction LLC was issued a permit to remodel the 47,519-square-foot Publix Super Markets Inc. store at 9100 Merrill Road at a cost of $645,673.
• Jacksonville Town Center Express Wash LLC was granted a fictitious name to do business as Scrubbles Express Wash at 5064 Weebers Crossing Drive in The Crossing at Town Center.
Todd Buckner, the former Florida and South Georgia franchisee for Goo-Goo Express 3 Minute Car Wash, will open Scrubbles.
Goo-Goo was sold to an international car wash company, so Buckner decided to brand his own Scrubbles 3 Minute Express Wash concept.
• Dollar Tree Stores Inc. applied for a Certificate of Use for a new 9,973-square-foot store at 3745 Philips Highway.
• Construction and site work was approved for the Community First Credit Union Oakleaf branch at 9690 Applecross Road. Auld & White Constructors LLC is the contractor for the 5,135-square-foot project at a construction cost of $1.4 million.
Be the first to know the latest breaking news and information that business leaders rely on in this fast-paced changing Northeast Florida economy. Regional business news, trends and statistics needed to grow your business. Key upcoming events you won’t want to miss and much more. Click Here to Grow your Business NOW!