Marco's Pizza working on two locations; new Wendy's approved
Chick-fil-A intends to renovate its River City Marketplace restaurant with an addition and site modifications.
• Marco’s Pizza plans a Windsor Commons location at 4765 Hodges Blvd. Ticon Commercial Inc. is the contractor for a proposed $190,500 tenant improvement to the 1,789-square-foot space.
• Marco’s Pizza also is building-out at Kernan Pointe Shopping Center. Ticon Commercial Inc. is the contractor for the $189,000 build-out of 1,647 square feet at 1795 Kernan Blvd. S., Unit 104. The city issued the construction permit Aug. 30.
• McDonald’s plans site improvements in Arlington at its 1001 University Blvd. location in the Town & Country Shopping Center. The project will update the drive-thru.
• Sonny’s BBQ applied to St. Johns County to remodel or rebuild its 5,000-square-foot restaurant on 1.4 acres at 1720 U.S. 1 S. in St. Augustine.
• Wendy’s was approved for construction in St. Augustine at 2260 International Golf Parkway. It’s a $550,000 project to build the 2,396-square-foot restaurant.
• Cold Stone Creamery and Tasty’s Fresh Burgers and Fries will be the first tenants at Skinner Bros. Realty’s commercial development in Wildlight in Nassau County. Cold Stone Creamery is a national brand while Tasty’s is locally owned and operated by Chad and Katy Dougherty. Chad Dougherty’s grandmother opened The Freezette in 1956 in Fernandina Beach. Tasty’s has locations in Fernandina Beach and Yulee in Nassau County. The Wildlight restaurants are expected to open next year.
• The Clay County Development Review Committee is scheduled to review the proposed 4,500-square-foot Culver’s of Middleburg restaurant planned on 1.25 acres in Branan Field Walk. The review is set for 10 a.m. Sept. 6. Culver’s, whose signature menu items are ButterBurgers and frozen custard, is based in Wisconsin.