NAIOP, the Northeast Florida Commercial Real Estate Development Association of developers, owners and professionals of commercial, industrial and mixed-use real estate, presented its 2014 awards Thursday evening recognizing projects and professionals for their work in 2013.
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Barry Allred, chairman and CEO, Elkins Constructors Inc. Allred has led the company since 1984 and has served as an officer or board member on many civic groups, professional associations and nonprofits.
• Office project: ASD, for its design of the Dixon Hughes Goodman offices at 245 Riverside Ave. ASD is a design firm offering interiors, architectural and graphic design services to corporate, financial, restaurant and hospitality, retail, medical and institutional clients.
• Historic rehabilitation project: Workscapes, for its renovation of Cushman & Wakefield’s Downtown offices at 121 W. Forsyth St.
• Redevelopment project: Deerwood Distribution Center at 8500 Baycenter Road, owned by EastGroup Properties Inc.
• Office lease/sale: Bob Retherford of Cushman & Wakefield for the AmeriHealth Caritas lease, a 70,000-square-foot lease at 8171 Baymeadows Way W.
• Industrial lease/sale: Jacob Horsley and Tyler Newman of Cushman & Wakefield for Body Central Corp., a 407,000-square-foot lease in North Jacksonville.
• Emerging professional: Christian Harden of NAI Hallmark Partners.
• Office broker: Chuck Diebel with Colliers International, whose 2013 deals included leases exceeding $28 million.
• Industrial broker: Bobby Gatling, who was with Newmark Grubb Phoenix Realty Group and recently joined CBRE. His 2013 deals included leases exceeding $58 million, including Body Center.
• Chapter merit: Peter Anderson of Pattillo Industrial Real Estate.
• Chapter distinguished service: Teresa Durand-Stuebben, Auld & White Constructors LLC.