Paul Davis of North Florida hires four; Jaffee named 2019 Distinguished Professor Award at the UNF.
Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• Ring Power Corp. announced promotions and changes in its Heavy Equipment Management Team:
Chris Zeras was promoted from heavy equipment sales manager in Central Florida to vice president of new sales in the heavy equipment division in North and Central Florida. Zeras replaced the retiring Tim Maguire.
Dylan McCandless replaced Zeras as heavy equipment sales manager.
James Scarpo replaced McCandless as Tampa branch sales manager.
Matt Sessions was promoted to Orlando branch manager.
• Memorial Hospital Jacksonville added three members to the board of trustees:
Artis Gilmore, NBA Hall of Fame member.
Vince McCormack, president of Perdue Office Interiors.
Dr. Sejal Kuthiala, a board-certified hematologist and oncologist with Cancer Specialists of North Florida.
• Paul Davis of North Florida hired four for its franchise office expansion:
Charlotte Dent joined as manager of first impressions.
Michelle Dragoo joined as emergency services coordinator.
Doug Othmer was named senior project manager.
Lorie Porfeli was named executive assistant, human resources and office manager.
• David Jaffee was awarded the 2019 Distinguished Professor Award at the University of North Florida, the highest honor for a faculty member. Jaffee is a sociology professor with expertise in economic sociology, political economy, organization theory, port economy, international development, labor, sociology of higher education, and social and economic crises.
• Sandra Goranovic was promoted from finance director to vice president of finance and accounting for the Crowley Shipping business unit at Crowley Maritime Corp.
• David Cawton joined the Jacksonville Transportation Authority as media relations manager and chief spokesperson. Cawton was a reporter for the Jacksonville Daily Record, covering government and business development.