Local firms awarded millions in federal contracts.
Goodwill Industries of North Florida Inc. broke ground on construction of a free-standing, 16,000-square-foot Durbin Creek store at 1159 St. Johns Parkway in St. Johns County.
Piedmont Companies of Florida is the developer and Bush Construction Company Inc. is the builder. It will be Goodwill’s eighth flagship model store with a large sales floor and backroom for processing donations and a covered drive-thru for customers to drop off items. The store will employ 20-25 people and is expected to open in early December.
Federal contracts issued to Jacksonville companies:
• The U.S. Army in Louisville, Kentucky, awarded CYE Enterprises $95 million for the Army Reserve national roofing program.
• The U.S. Army, through third-party logistics, awarded Crowley Government Services $49.01 million for Europewide movement.
• The U.S. Navy awarded Greco Construction a $4 million indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for repair and minor construction services at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans.
• The U.S. Navy awarded ERS a $4 million indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for cleaning and disinfection services.
• The U.S. Army awarded ABBA Construction Inc. $2,999,200 for the construction of a flight simulator building at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa.
• The Defense Logistics Agency in Richmond, Virginia, awarded Kaman Aerospace Corp. $1,109,170 for PSC Code 15-aircraft slats.
• The U.S. Air Force in Columbus, Mississippi, awarded CYE Enterprises $617,589, for roof repair at Columbus Air Force Base.