Most City government offices and facilities will be closed Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Monday closures include:
• City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
• Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
• Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
• Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St., including the Office of the Tax Collector, as well as all tax collector branches, and the Office of the Property Appraiser.
• Duval County Courthouse, 330 E. Bay St.
• Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
• Supervisor of Elections branch office, 5200-2 Norwood Ave.
• Municipal Code Compliance, 128 E. Forsyth St.
• Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
• Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
• Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
• All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Recreation and Community Services Department.
• Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
• Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
• Jacksonville Children’s Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
• Behavioral and Human Services Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive.
• Right-of-Way and Grounds Maintenance administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road.
• Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
• Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
• The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
• The Jacksonville Public Library (Main Library and branches).
Garbage, yard waste and recycling collection
Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will be collected as usual on Monday. The Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be closed Saturday and Monday. Appliances will not be collected Monday. The Trail Ridge Landfill, 5110 U.S. Highway 301, will maintain normal operating hours.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m.-6 p.m.). Day-use visitors may enter from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors must depart by 6 p.m. Visitors of campers should pre-register with the office and acquire a visitor pass to stay in the park until 10 p.m. Camping reservations can be made by phone from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Pedestrian traffic only is allowed on the beach after 6 p.m.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling 251-3335 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m.-6 p.m.). Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their registered visitors with passes must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 5:30-9:30 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. Tent campers must check in by 9 p.m. and have tents set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m. no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
The Cecil Aquatics Center, an indoor facility at 13611 Normandy Blvd., will be open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday. All 33 outdoor City pools are closed for the season.
All three City tennis complexes will be open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Monday. They are the Southside Park Tennis Complex, 1541 Hendricks Ave., Boone Park Tennis Complex, 3700 Park St., and Clanzel T. Brown Park Tennis Complex, 4575 Moncrief Road.