Duval County Tax Collector issued a business license for Waffle House #2044 to East Coast Waffle Inc. to operate its new restaurant at 7652 Merrill Road.
Meanwhile, the St. Johns River Water Management District is reviewing plans for construction of a Waffle House on 0.42 acre along Normandy Boulevard near Memorial Park Road. Taylor & White Inc. is the civil engineer.
Popeyes to 're-image' at Edgewood
The city OK’d a permit for Popeyes Louisiana Chicken to “re-image” its store at 656 Edgewood Ave. N. with a new décor and seating package. Diversified Commercial Builders will remodel the 1,270-square-foot space at a cost of $156,443.
Bento seeks exception for alcohol sales
Bento Café is seeking a zoning exception at its new Tinseltown area location for the sale and service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption in conjunction with its restaurant, including outdoor service.
Bento plans to open a 220-seat location at 9734 Deer Lake Court, at the opposite corner of the Mellow Mushroom. The 4,308-square-foot restaurant also will feature a 1,632-square-foot exterior patio.
Duval County Tax Collector Michael Corrigan issued business licenses for:
• Steven Markham’s All American Hot Dogs, to Steven A. Markham, 11648 Francis Drake Drive.
• Bar B’s Tavern, to Kenneth Gray, 5002 Kerle St.
• Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, to Love Avondale Mellow, LLC, 3611 St Johns Ave.
• McDonald’s, to JD-ASG Management Co. Inc., 317 Marsh Landing Parkway, Jacksonville Beach. JD-ASG’s president is Jacques Guske and vice president is Deborah D. Guske, both of Jacksonville.
• The Coop, to Baker Grill Inc., 457 W. Macclenny Ave., Macclenny. Baker Grill’s president is Catherine I. Bennett and vice president is Anthony Bennett, both of Macclenny.
Food-related businesses filed names recently with the state Division of Corporations under the Fictitious Name Law to operate:
• APNA Restaurant, by Five Star Business Group LLC, 10769 Beach Blvd., Unit 14. Five Star’s managers are Mohammad Razzaq, Zafar Khan, Mirza M. Ahmed, Riaz Ali and Qaisar Mahmood, all of Orlando.
• BB’s Restaurant, by 1019 Hendricks Avenue LLC, 1019 Hendricks Ave. The manager of 1019 Hendricks Avenue LLC is Barbara Bredehoeft.
• Don Juan’s Restaurant, by Quezada Food Services LLC, 12373 San Jose Blvd. Quezada Food Services LLC’s managers are Efrain Quezada and Dinora M. Quezada.
• JC Homemade Pastries, by Jesus Baas, 1700 Mindanao Drive, No. 102.
• Mother Truckin’ Pizza, by Michael E. Rice, 2105 Spanish Bluff Drive.
• Mr. G’s BBQ, by Tandrea Danica Matthews and Gregory Scott Matthews, 7358 Hawks Cliff Drive W.
• Top Dawgs and Sausages, by Roderick Eric Anderson Jr., 2345 Westbrook Circle.