Gov. Ron DeSantis can choose one or request more candidates to succeed Anthony Salem, who was appointed to the Circuit Court.
The Judicial Nominating Commission for the 4th Judicial Circuit interviewed five of 16 applicants and reviewed applications and written statements of the other applicants to fill the vacancy on the Duval County Court Bench created by the appointment of Duval County Judge Anthony Salem to the Circuit Court.
After deliberations and consideration of each applicant, the commission nominated six attorney candidates and sent the nominations to Gov. Ron DeSantis:
• Jeb T. Branham is a private practice attorney with offices in Jacksonville Beach.
• London M. Kite is an assistant state attorney in the 4th Judicial Circuit.
• Matthew Ian Lufrano is a partner with Johnson and Lufrano.
• Yekaterina Mesic is a private practice attorney with Law Offices of Kate Mesic in Jacksonville.
• Julie K. Taylor is court counsel for the 4th Judicial Circuit.
• Susan Faris Zerbe is an assistant public defender in the 4th Judicial Circuit.
DeSantis has 60 days to appoint one of them or request additional nominees from the commission.