The Jacksonville Landing has released its New Year’s/Gator Bowl schedule of events. The schedule includes live entertainment, Gator Bowl pep rallies for Florida State and West Virginia fans and extended hours. The events begin Wednesday and run through Jan. 3.
• Live entertainment from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. with the Jay Garrett Band
• Christmas tree light shows will take place every hour, on the hour from 6-9 p.m.
• Landing businesses will observe extended hours this evening until 2 a.m.
• Pep rallies at 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The Landing is the official pep rally location for both West Virginia University and the Florida State University, who are playing in this year’s Konica Minolta Gator Bowl. The Florida State pep rally is at 1:30 p.m. while the West Virginia pep rally will begin at 5:30 p.m. Both will take place in the courtyard.
• VyStar 5K Run at 1:30 p.m. Registration begins at noon at the front entrance of The Landing. Each entrant will receive a VyStar Credit Union 5K Run T-shirt. Participants can register up to 1 p.m. Cost: $20, $30 on race day. For more information call 730-1900 or visit www.1stplacesports.com.
• Winn-Dixie Hometown Gator Bowl Parade at 3 p.m. The public will have a great view of the Winn-Dixie Hometown Gator Bowl parade as it winds its way past The Landing.
• Live Entertainment at various times throughout the day
• Radio 80 will play in the courtyard at 7 p.m. following the West Virginia pep rally. The evening will be headlined by the band A1A North at 10:30 p.m. The annual New Year’s fireworks show will begin promptly at midnight.
• Christmas Tree Light Shows will take place every hour, on the hour from 6 p.m.-midnight.
• Landing restaurants, bars and nightclubs will observe extended hours and stay open until 2 a.m.
• Live entertainment and viewing of the game
• Sugar Bear will play live in the courtyard from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. prior to the start of the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl game at 1 p.m. The Landing will air the game live on the Jumbotron located in the courtyard. In addition, more than a dozen merchant locations will be airing the game. Immediately following the game, Bay Street Band will play live from 5-9 p.m. followed by 5 x 7 from 9:30 p.m.–1:30 a.m.
• Live entertainment in the courtyard with the George Aspinall Band from noon-4 p.m., Palmetto Catz from 5–9 p.m. and Mystery Band from 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m.
• Live entertainment in the courtyard with the Pili Pili from 4-8 p.m.