Attorney Ann Bittinger of The Bittinger Law Firm has been elected to the American Health Lawyers Association board of directors.
She will serve a three-year term on the 28-person board starting next month and be the only attorney on the board who owns her own firm.
The association is the country’s largest educational organization devoted to legal issues in the health-care field and has more than 12,500 members.
In addition to attorneys, members comprises compliance and privacy officers, finance officers, health-care consultants, regulatory professionals, physicians, CEOs, public health officials and others.
Bittinger has practiced almost exclusively in health care regulatory and transactional law since becoming licensed in 1998.
The association provides an interactive and informative forum for its members to help serves clients more effectively.
“As the Affordable Care Act’s regulations and provisions come into effect, and the health care industry continues to evolve in the weak of its impact, this is a particularly interesting time to be serving on the board of (the) nation’s leading health law organization,” Bittinger said in a news release.
Law school foundation names board members
Florida Coastal Foundation has named six new board members to serve for 2014. They are:
• Robert Spohrer, president, CEO and senior partner of Spohrer & Dodd.
• James Farah, partner at The Farah Group and a Florida Coastal graduate. Farah also serves as an adjunct professor at Florida Coastal and Jacksonville University.
• James “Jamie” Holland, an attorney with Harrell & Harrell.
• London Kite, senior division chief and homicide prosecutor for the State Attorney’s Office.
• Annette Ritter, Florida Coastal dean of experimental learning and professional development.
• Lee “Tad” Griffin, Pajcic & Pajcic partner and Florida Coastal professor.
The foundation raises, manages and invests funds for charitable and educational programs for Florida Coastal School of Law students and community.
For more information, call (904) 256-1138.