Chief Executive Officer
North Florida Region of the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross, a humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Movement, will provide relief to victims of disasters and help people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Since 1914 in the Jacksonville area. The American Red Cross was founded in 1881.
• More than 435 families were given food, clothing and shelter as they fell victim to house fires, floods and other disasters.
• Preparedness and planning information was handed out to more than 500,000 people in the community on how to prepare for and prevent damage from hurricanes, fires, floods and tornadoes.
• More than 3,700 U.S. Armed Forces service members received help from the Red Cross through emergency communications, emergency loans, grants and counseling or referral services.
• More than 23,000 First Coast citizens were trained in programs such as lifesaving, CPR, first aid, aquatics, baby-sitting, HIV/AIDS and Nurse Assistant Training.
• The American Red Cross Volunteer Life Saving Corps lifeguards saved 107 lives and responded to hundreds of emergencies in the past five years.
Our biggest challenge is raising money to support the Red Cross mission. These are difficult financial times for everyone and the challenge is letting people know that we survive solely on individual and corporate donations and we do not receive any government funding.
My biggest satisfaction comes from knowing that every day the Red Cross is helping someone in our community!
First experience with community service
My first experience with community service was volunteering with the local Boys Club in its recreation center at the age of 15.
Your job before the Red Cross
Chief operating officer for Enterprise Integration.
We are holding a Citizen CPR event in June.
751 Riverside Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32204