• The City Council and the Duval County School Board will hold a joint meeting to receive a Community Report on Emergency Preparedness Tuesday at 5 p.m. in Council Chambers. The hour-long presentation includes updates from the Emergency Preparedness Division, Jacksonville Fire and Rescue, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, U.S. Postal Office, the Duval County Health Department, JEA, the Jacksonville Airport Authority, the Jacksonville Seaport Authority and Duval County Schools. Each agency will address changes in security measures since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The public is invited to attend.
• Dreams Come True will honor community sponsors who participated in the Tower of Dreams program tonight at 6 p.m. at a dinner on the 42nd floor of the Bank of America tower. The program started in August and each time a dream was sponsored by a local business or individual, one floor of the Bank of America tower was lighted in honor of the child’s dream and sponsor. For information, call 296-3030.
• State Treasurer Tom Gallagher is the speaker at today’s Meninak Club meeting at the Radisson. The meeting begins at 12:15 p.m. For information, call 399-3050.
• The Exchange Club of Jacksonville meets Thursday at noon at the Hilton. This week’s luncheon features the One Nation Under God program. Cost is $11. For information, call 384-1948.
• The Jacksonville Women’s Lawyers Association next luncheon is scheduled for Nov. 27 at noon at the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid office. Sarah Fowler of Legal Aid will discuss pro bono opportunities to help meet the requirements of The Florida Bar. Cost is $9 for members, $12 for non-members, including lunch catered by Johnny’s Delicatessen & Grill. RSVP no later the Nov. 21 to Paula Brice, 398-9002.
• The Jacksonville and the Beaches Visitors and Convention Bureau is hosting a Dockside Party Tuesday from 5-7 p.m. aboard the Annabelle Lee, which is docked at the Chart House on the Southbank. The party is free to members. RSVP to Kimberly Morgan, 421-9154.
Be the first to know the latest breaking news and information that business leaders rely on in this fast-paced changing Northeast Florida economy. Regional business news, trends and statistics needed to grow your business. Key upcoming events you won’t want to miss and much more. Click Here to Grow your Business NOW!