Jumpin’ Jax House of Food, Larry’s Giant Subs, Wendy's, Smoothie King and Derby House moves.
Tropical Smoothie Café landed permission to remodel its San Marco area restaurant at 1808 Hendricks Ave.
Skyline Construction Inc. is the contractor for the $180,000 project to renovate the 2,087-square-foot restaurant. The owner said the restaurant has been closed since a fire in August. Plans show a new kitchen plan, décor and furniture.
Laura McKinney, director of real estate and construction for Dyne Hospitality Group, said the company hopes to reopen the restaurant in late April.
Tropical Smoothie will add a “smoothie bar” where customers can sit and watch the smoothies being made, she said. It is a standard feature at all new Tropical Smoothie Cafes.
• Rino’s Pizza Grill & Italian Cuisine applied for a building permit and filed a fictitious name with the state for a location at 5711 Bowden Road, Suite 12, in Bowden Corners in Southside. The owner is Celen Investment LLC, led by Turan Celen. Honest Construction Inc. is the contractor for the proposed $66,650 renovation of the almost 1,600-square-foot space.
• Owner Tanuki Group LLC filed The Derby House and Derby House fictitious names with the state to do business at 1068 Park St. Tanuki Group comprises Michael Schmidt and Chad Munsey. They recently announced that Derby House Diner is the new concept for the former Derby On Park space at the Five Points address in Riverside. Munsey and Schmidt own The Bearded Pig in San Marco and the Rec Room, also in Five Points. They plan a mid-April opening for Derby House Diner. The decades-old diner location most recently operated as Derby On Park, which closed at year-end.
• Bartram Market at Race Track Road and Bartram Park Boulevard is preparing for stores. St. Johns County is reviewing a permit for construction of a Wendy’s restaurant. The 2,389-square-foot restaurant and drive-thru is planned on 1.04 acres. The St. Johns River Water Management District is reviewing plans for an almost 2,500-square-foot Dunkin’ Donuts with a drive-thru. Bartram Market will be anchored by Publix Super Markets Inc. and include a Wawa gas station and convenience store.
• Larry’s Giant Subs will open a 1,441-square-foot shop at 14866 Old St. Augustine Road, No. 108. The city issued a permit for The Shrout Companies to build-out the space at a cost of $78,200.
• Smoothie King was approved for interior build-out at 550 Durbin Pavilion Drive, Suite 107, in The Pavilion at Durbin Park. St. Johns County approved the permit for a $79,000 project for a 1,286-square-foot store.
• Jumpin’ Jax House of Food took out a business license for its new restaurant in Atlantic Village at 1021 Atlantic Blvd., No. 1-3, in Atlantic Beach. It opened in January and is the second location. The first is at 10131 San Jose Blvd.