The U.S. Small Business Administration North Florida District Office announced the SBA’s 2011 North Florida Small Business Week winners.
National Small Business Week is May 16-20.
The 2011 North Florida District “Small Business Person of the Year” is Fernando C. Pereira of Orlando. He is president of Pegasus Transportation.
The 2011 Champion Small Business Week winners are:
• Jessica Lynn Evans, vice president of Regions Bank, St. Augustine, District and State Financial Services Champion of the Year.
• Arthur J. Lee, president of Lee Wesley Restaurants LLC, Jacksonville, District and State Minority Business Champion of the Year.
• David M. Capps, president of Caribbean Breeze, Yulee, District Small Business Exporter of the Year.
• Scott Shannon Hulihan, president of Hulihan Territory Inc., Atlantic Beach, District and State Family-Owned Business of the Year.
• Kathryn R. Murphy, president and CEO, KRM Resources LLC, doing business as Comfort Keepers, Jacksonville, District and State Women in Business Champion of the Year.
• David Moorefield, president, DAK Resources, Jacksonville, District Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year.
The 2011 Small Business Week award winners from the Jacksonville area and the top North Florida SBA lenders will be recognized at the 19th annual Small Business Week and Lender Awards event 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. May 25 at the University of North Florida University Center.
The event is hosted by the UNF Small Business Development Center.