Developers to make pitches March 25 at the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Downtown.
The University of North Florida’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is hosting a Demo Day on March 25 to introduce the six startups from the center’s health and medical cohort and present their companies.
A news release states the event begins at 5 p.m. with 10-minute pitches from each of the founders to members of CEI’s Advisory Council and guests. Awards and refreshments will follow the presentations.
• Loop You In: Frank Adamo has created an app for product/service designers or health care professionals.
The app is designed to combine data and results of customer experience surveys into reports to create better relationships with patients.
• Still Water/Zero Captivity: Pam Fortenberry’s company focuses on the anti-captivity movement.
She wrote a children’s book that promotes awareness about whales taken out of their natural environment. With text and original watercolor illustrations, it tells the story of a whale living in captivity for more than 50 years.
• Oakheart Health: Co-founders Riju Thomas and Michael Michon created a product called GlassJaw. It’s designed to increase the speed and efficiency of the fabrication of craniomaxillofacial implants.
• Pareto Touch: Kenyatta and Laquita Lee are the co-developers of a population health management app that provides real time hospitalization and ER information to providers to better coordinate care of a patient.
• Synergena: Robert “Bud” Duthie created a product that cleans and sanitizes air and surfaces, killing viruses and other pathogens faster than currently available chemical products or ultraviolet light.
• HP5 Consulting: Tracee Holzendorf’s company is a health care consulting firm that assists health care entities meeting short- and long-term goals, including case management.
UNF’s CEI facilitates the development of early-stage companies by offering programs to support selected startup businesses, including business plan development, co-working space, help from student interns, professional support and networking opportunities.
Visit www.unf.edu/coggin/CEI/ for information about the center and its programs for underrepresented entrepreneurs.
Be the first to know the latest breaking news and information that business leaders rely on in this fast-paced changing Northeast Florida economy. Regional business news, trends and statistics needed to grow your business. Key upcoming events you won’t want to miss and much more. Click Here to Grow your Business NOW!