The almost 51,000-square-foot supermarket was built in 2008.
Whole Foods will renovate its only Jacksonville location, updating much of its food-service areas in an almost $643,000 project.
The city approved a permit last week for O’Barr Construction LLC, of Bowie, Maryland, to renovate the interior of the 49,378-square-foot store.
Plans show that Whole Foods will replace the bakery, deli and pizza service cases; replace and install a new hot bar, salad bar and soup bar, including refrigeration, plumbing and electrical service; and renovate the scullery with a new cooler and equipment. The plans include renovating the employee breakroom with new finishes and furniture SBLM Architects PC of Miami is the architect.
The almost 51,000-square-foot supermarket was built in 2008 at 10601 San Jose Blvd. in the Mandarin Landing shopping center.
• Another retailer is coming to The Strand at Town Center. The Good Feet Store plans to open at 4906 Town Center Parkway, No. 108. The city is reviewing a permit application for a wall to separate the space from another tenant.
• Wawa is building next at Normandy Boulevard and Cassat Avenue in Westside. The city is reviewing site plans for Pennsylvania-based Wawa Inc. to build at the property, which previously filed plans show at northwest Normandy Boulevard and Cassat Avenue. Applications for Mobility Fee Calculation and Concurrency Reservation certificates show Wawa wants to build a 5,943-square-foot store with 12 fueling positions on 1.5 acres.
• O’Reilly Auto Parts intends to build a 7,734-square-foot store on 1.1 acres at 4405 U.S. 1 in St. Augustine.
• Starbucks will open at 11850 McCormick Road pending construction. The city issued a Concurrency Reservation Certificate for the 2,539-square-foot building on 1.14 acres near the Wawa gas station and convenience store under development. Plans show 35 parking spaces. The developer is Tampa-based Brightwork Real Estate through BW McCormick LLC.
• Starbucks wants to renovate its 1044 Dunn Ave. store at a cost of $225,000. The city is reviewing a building permit application.