Gov. Ron DeSantis will select successor to Duval County Judge Pauline Drake
After inerviewing 12 applicants March 9, the 4th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission selected six candidates to succeed retired Judge Pauline Drake on the Duval County Court:
• Janet Abel, 44, is circuit director of the state Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel.
• Jeffrey Davenport, age redacted on his application, is general counsel in the Clay County Sheriff's Office.
• Robin Lanigan, 50, is a general magistrate and hearing officer in Jacksonville.
• Attorney Matthew Lufrano, 35, is a partner with Johnson & Lufrano.
• Attorney Rhonda Peoples-Waters, 48, is owner and president of Rhonda Peoples-Waters P.A.
• Julie Taylor, 48 is general counsel for the 4th Judicial Circuit.
The nominees will be interviewed in Tallahassee by governor's office staff. DeSantis is required by law to appoint one of the nominees within 60 days.