WJCT board of trustees for the 2021-23 fiscal years named.
Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• The Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Gardens board of directors elected officers for 2020-21. All are Jacksonville residents.
President: Kevin Blalock, a senior director of business development for Intersect ENT, a Menlo Park-based medical device firm.
Treasurer: John Burr, former executive editor with the Jacksonville Business Journal and assistant managing editor for The Florida Times-Union and a member of the Groundwork Jacksonville board and the steering committee of Resilient Jax.
Secretary: Anne Lewellen, museum curator at the Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve.
• VyStar Credit Union hired Matthew Burgess as chief internal auditor and Dana Karzan as chief marketing officer. Burgess was chief internal auditor at First Financial Bancorp. Karzan led payment marketing at Facebook, where she developed and launched Facebook Pay to more than 120 countries.
• Stellar Project Developer Kevin Keen is leading the design-build of a 411,500-square-foot poultry-processing plant for Bell & Evans in Fredericksburg, Pennsylvania. Construction began in March and is scheduled for completion in December 2021.
Dr. Christina Monford and Dr. Garrett Karow will open Tropea Dental Care, a full-service family dental practice Oct. 9 at 4445 Town Center Parkway. Monford earned a bachelor’s degree from Florida A&M University. She and Karow both earned Doctorates of Dental Medicine from the University of Florida College of Dentistry.
• Matthew Rapp was confirmed as the chair of the WJCT board of trustees for the 2021-23 fiscal years. Rapp is senior vice president of championship management for the PGA Tour.
• WJCT, the community-owned and operated public media organization, also announced three additions to the board:
A. Zachary Faison Jr. is president and CEO of Edward Waters College, the state of Florida’s first independent institution of higher learning and Florida’s first higher educational institution established for the purpose of educating African Americans.
Hugh Greene served as president and CEO of Baptist Health. He also was CEO of Coastal Community Health.
James Liang is an operating partner for Updata Partners and has more than 30 years of experience in investment banking and corporate executive banking.