Davis Johnston joined Jax Federal Credit Union, Marsha Oliver to The Players.
• Brian Wintjen was appointed North Florida regional vice president of Waste Pro USA. Wintjen was general manager at Watson C&D LLC in Archer.
• Rich Thompson was named the 2019 chairman of Gator Bowl Sports. Thompson is the head of human resources at The Adecco Group for the Americas, United Kingdom and Ireland. Thompson will head the three Gator Bowl entities: the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl, JaxSports Council and JaxSPports Charities.
• Girl Scouts of Gateway Council selected 2019 Women of Distinction honorees as influential business leaders in their communities:
Kathleen Brandt, senior vice president and chief information officer at CSX.
Lis’e Everly, community volunteer.
Paige Hakimian, with real estate investment firm Hakimian Holdings Inc.
Paola Parra Harris, founder and owner of Parra Harris Law, specializing in family law.
Ann-Marie Knight, community engagement officer at Mayo Clinic.
Ellen Wiss, community volunteer.
• Davis Johnston joined Jax Federal Credit Union as director of business services and commercial lending to lead the new business lending division. Johnston formerly led Community First Credit Union’s commercial lending division and worked for 121 Financial Credit Union.
• Marsha Oliver joined The Players Championship as senior director of community outreach, replacing Community Outreach Director Cathie Hurlburt, who is retiring after 28 years with the PGA Tour. Oliver, former director of public affairs for Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry, will be responsible for enhancing the tournament’s community and charitable impact.
• Bill Dunn, vice president of industry relations for Swisher International Inc., retired after more than 45 years in the industry and 37 years at Swisher. Dunn plans to serve as a consultant for Swisher and remain on several industry boards.