The Bravo Network star is one of three new board members for the county’s tourism bureau.
Visit Jacksonville elected three new members Feb. 5 to the tourism bureau for Jacksonville and the Beaches board of directors: Capt. Sandy Yawn, Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams and Alex Alston.
Yawn is a mega-yacht captain and a star of “Below Deck Mediterranean” on the Bravo Network.
She is building Maritime 618, a restaurant in LaVilla that will serve yacht-style cuisine.
Yawn donates 50% of sales from her Capt. Sandy merchandise line to the nonprofit Jacksonville School for Autism.
Williams joined the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office in 1991 and was elected sheriff in 2015.
Former director of sales and marketing for ASM Global, the company that manages the city’s sports and entertainment facilities, Alston recently joined Jacksonville-based FIS as managing director of corporate markets with a focus in sports and entertainment.
The board also elected officers for 2021:
• Chair: Ken Babby, president and CEO, Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp.
• Chair-elect: Tony Vecchio, executive director, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
• Treasurer: Patrick Krechowski, attorney, Balch & Bingham.
Members also on the board:
• Bill Prescott, CPA and principal, Heritage Capital.
• Brian London, president and CEO, London Tourism Publications.
• David Mariotti, general manager, One Ocean Resort Hotel & Spa.
• Josh Harrison, vice president, Murphco of Florida.
• Warren Jones, Realtor and Duval County Public Schools board member.
Be the first to know the latest breaking news and information that business leaders rely on in this fast-paced changing Northeast Florida economy. Regional business news, trends and statistics needed to grow your business. Key upcoming events you won’t want to miss and much more. Click Here to Grow your Business NOW!