Candlewood Suites coming to Mayport; Pita Pit opening at Centurion Square.
Roosevelt Square is making way for Ulta Beauty at 4397 Roosevelt Blvd. next to Stein Mart.
The city approved a permit Thursday for RLH Construction LLC to create a vanilla shell building of 12,200 square feet at a cost of $254,847. The build-out will be permitted separately.
The city also approved an addition and façade renovation for Building B at 4399 Roosevelt Blvd. RLH Construction also is the contractor for that $1.2 million project.
• A 61-room Candlewood Suites will open in Mayport. General Contracting Co. Inc. will build the three-story hotel at 2073 Mayport Road at a cost of $3.4 million. The 1.08-acre site is along Mayport Road at Brazeale Lane.
• Rose and Lilly’s event decor and planning intends to open a banquet hall at 9222 Arlington Expressway in the western end unit of Regency Court Shopping Center. Carl Polite applied for a Certificate of Use for the 9,750-square-foot space with a seating capacity of 560. The city issued a permit May 2 for MCM Building Enterprise Inc. to renovate the space at a cost of almost $50,000.
• Autobahn Indoor Speedway Jacksonville LLC wants a zoning exception for a restaurant that includes the service of beer and wine. The go-kart track operates at 6601 Executive Park Court N., off Interstate 95. Building owner LSOP 3 FL 3 LLC seeks the exception. Lawyer Steve Diebenow is the applicant. The Jacksonville Planning Commission will review the request June 7. Autobahn Indoor Speedway & Events offers high-speed indoor go-karting, parties and meetings.
• Floor & Décor Outlets of America Inc. is building south of Topgolf east of St. Johns Town Center. Hawkins Construction Inc. is the contractor for the $4.1 million project at 10595 Brightman Blvd. The 74,179-square-foot store will be built on 6 acres. The permit was issued May 11.
• Family Dollar will open at 4210 Old Middleburg Road N. in West Jacksonville. HJB Construction Inc. will build the 8,320-square-foot building at a cost of $370,000. The city issued the permit Friday.
• Pita Pit is opening at Centurion Square at 8380 Baymeadows Road. It’s slated for a $100,000 build-out of 1,763 square feet by Suncoast Industrial & Construction Services.
• Nothing Bundt Cakes is leasing space at Orange Park Village Shops. The city approved permits for Taylor Sign & Design Inc. to put up two signs at 8635 Blanding Blvd., No. 202, at a cost of $6,000.
• Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is coming to Argyle in Southwest Jacksonville. The city is reviewing a permit application for a 47-seat, 2,265-square-foot restaurant on 1.3 acres at 7762 Argyle Forest Blvd. at a cost of $450,000. No contractor is listed.
• Cline’s Custom Meats LLC hopes to open its San Marco butcher shop by the last week of June. The company applied for a Certificate of Use to open the 800-square-foot retail shop at 1625 Hendricks Ave., Suite 1.
• The Produce Xchange & Juice Bar LLC wants to renovate space at Commerce Center at 8535 Baymeadows Road. PIJ Builders LLC is the contractor to renovate 4,000 square feet at a cost of $70,000.