The new members must be confirmed by City Council.
Mayor Lenny Curry will file legislation with the Jacksonville City Council on Feb. 12 to appoint seven members to the JEA board of directors, according to a news release from the mayor's office.
The previous board resigned Jan. 28 after voting to fire former JEA CEO Aaron Zahn with cause.
"These past few weeks I have held numerous conversations with local business & community leaders, elected officials, and City Council members about our municipal utility and the JEA Board of Directors,” Curry said in a news release. “I am grateful for these seven well-respected and community-minded leaders who have answered the call to serve the people of our city on the JEA board. I am confident that they are up to the task of rebuilding public trust and strengthening the future of this vital and valued community asset."
The proposed appointees:
• John Baker II, executive chairman and CEO, FRP Holdings Inc.
• Lt. Gen. Joseph DiSalvo, U.S. Army, retired
• A. Zachary Faison, Jr., president and CEO, Edward Waters College
• Dr. Leon Haley Jr., CEO, UF Health Jacksonville
• Marty Lanahan, executive vice president and regional president, Iberia Bank
• Robert “Bobby” L. Stein, president, The Regency Group
• Tom VanOsdol, senior vice president, Ascension Healthcare & ministry market executive, Ascension Florida
The appointment legislation will be introduced Feb. 25 to City Council. JEA board members are appointed by the mayor and must be confirmed by City Council.