McDonald's plans new restaurant Boulevard Crossing retail center; 1000 Degrees Neapolitan Pizza opens
Miller’s Ale House applied to the city for a mobility fee calculation certificate to redevelop the former Buca di Beppo location at The Avenues mall.
Miller’s Ale House at The Avenues is shown as a 7,150-square-foot restaurant on 2.5 acres at 10334 Southside Blvd. It would be Miller’s Ale House’s fifth Jacksonville location.
The city already is reviewing a permit application for “new construction” of a Miller’s Ale House at the site at a project cost of $1.2 million.
A permit application shows that Orlando-based Miller’s Ale House Inc. wants to develop a 7,149-square-foot restaurant.
A civil plan filed with the city Tuesday says the project will consist of partial site demolition, building construction and site work.
The 8,180-square-foot Buca di Beppo was built for $850,000 in 2003. It appears to have operated for almost 15 years, closing Dec. 30.
Miller’s Ale House plans indicate 241 seats, comprising 166 inside and 75 in the patio room. Interior seating includes 22 bar seats.
Cuhaci & Peterson Architects Engineers Planners of Orlando is the project architect. Kimley-Horn and Associates Inc. is the civil engineer.
• McDonald’s proposes to develop a new restaurant at the Boulevard Crossing retail center in design at northwest Beach and University boulevards.
McDonald’s operates a 3,918-square-foot store on the property at 5801 Beach Blvd. The restaurant, built in 1982, occupies about a half-acre.
Plans show it wants to build a 4,388-square-foot restaurant on what is called Outparcel C at 5689 Beach Blvd. It is just under an acre.
Developer Boulevard Crossing LLC, led by developers Jeff Conn and Alex Coley, owns the property and proposes four outparcels, including two buildings of 10,100 square feet and 6,790 square feet in addition to the McDonald’s. Another outparcel is labeled “future.”
The plans do not address what happens with the closed Kmart at that corner. CPH Inc. is the consultant.
• 1000 Degrees Neapolitan Pizza announced its grand opening Thursday at 9846 Old Baymeadows Road. The fast-casual restaurant serves hand-tossed Neapolitan pizza. Brothers Anil and Prakash Patel signed to open nine 1000 Degrees Neapolitan Pizza locations in Northeast Florida. The Baymeadows restaurant is the third to be operated by Prakash Patel, who runs the Gainesville and Fernandina Beach restaurants. Another is open in Lake City. The new restaurant is open daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Chick-fil-A received a city permit to renovate its Tinseltown restaurant at 4461 Southside Blvd. with a brand image remodel. RCD-Atlanta Inc. will remodel the 4,297-square-foot restaurant to include a dual-line kitchen upgrade, a 195-square-foot addition and canopies for drive-thru orders at a cost of $568,000.
• Chick-fil-A proposes to remodel its restaurant at 1752 U.S. 1 S. in St. Augustine. It wants to add 638 square feet to its 3,832 square-foot location. Interplan LLC of Orlando is the engineer and architect. The St. Johns River Water Management District said it intended to grant a permit for the project.
• Moe’s Southwest Grill proposes a 2,818-square-foot restaurant on 0.79 acres at 1681 U.S. 1 S. in St. Augustine.