Sugarfire Smoke House to replace kitchen equipment in the former Panera Bread location at 12959 Atlantic Blvd.
The city is reviewing a permit application for Sugarfire Smoke House to replace kitchen equipment in the former Panera Bread location at 12959 Atlantic Blvd. at a cost of $150,000.
The permit includes other interior work, including painting and refurbishing dining areas and the serving line in the 4,560-square-foot space. Wareh Contracting Corp. of Jacksonville is the contractor.
The barbecue chain is based in St. Louis. Shy Patel, one of four members of the franchise ownership group, said April 3 the state’s first Sugarfire Smoke House could open within three months of permitting.
The city also is reviewing a permit for minor interior demolition to remove the servery counter, booth and other seating, carpet tiles and other items.
Culver’s to Collins Town Center
Harmony Farms of Jacksonville L.L.C. sold 1.04 acres at 7923 Parramore Road to GPZ Solutions LLC for $1.055 milllion.
GPZ Solutions is led by Petar Stamov, the franchisee for the proposed 3,546-square-foot Culver’s restaurant at the site in Collins Town Center in southwest Jacksonville.
The sale was executed June 25. The city issued a permit April 27 at a construction cost of $1.45 million.
Another Broken Egg Cafe to Atlantic North
The city is reviewing a permit for Advanced Building Specialties of Mississippi to build-out 3,300 square feet of space at 11949 Atlantic Blvd. in Atlantic North at a cost of $459,000 for the Another Broken Egg Cafe.
The name — Another Broken Egg Cafe — was the identity the chain took when it opened its second restaurant and began to expand.
The Broken Egg Cafe opened in 1996 in Old Mandeville, Louisiana.
The Another Broken Egg Cafe opened in 1998 in Destin. Subsequent restaurants and franchises kept that name.
Damaged Bono’s in Town Center
The city is reviewing a permit for Realco Recycling Co. Inc. to demolish the fire-damaged Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q restaurant at 10065 Skinner Lake Drive at a cost of $10,000.
Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q was damaged in a fire in March.