The property at Pritchard and I-295 also is targeted for a gas station and a fast-food restaurant.
Tru by Hilton is up to seven locations open, planned or identified in the Jacksonville area.
Skinner Bros. Realty Vice President Chet Skinner said Feb. 11 a buyer is under contract for 1.8 acres at northeast Interstate 295 and Pritchard Road in northwest Jacksonville to develop an estimated 100-room Tru by Hilton.
Skinner Bros. Realty and The Silverfield Group, both based in Jacksonville, are developing the 6.2-acre site in Perimeter Parkway, in front of the Perimeter West Industrial Park.
Skinner said the hotel site owner wanted to remain unidentified until it closes on the property in March.
Skinner expects the hotel to open in 2021.
He said about 4.4 acres remain in Perimeter Parkway for uses such as a gas station-convenience store and a fast-food restaurant.
The Tru by Hilton brand concept opened its first Northeast Florida hotel in January 2019 in Town Center Promenade.
The first six are:
• Tru by Hilton Jacksonville St. Johns Town Center at 4640 Tropea Way in Town Center Promenade.
• Tru by Hilton Jacksonville South Mandarin is under construction at 2970 Hartley Road.
Planned or in consideration are:
• Tru by Hilton Jacksonville Airport at northeast Ranch and Airport roads.
• Tru by Hilton St. Augustine I-95 at County Road 208.
• Tru by Hilton in Arlington at 2740 Jane St., east of Interstate 295.
• Tru by Hilton in Southside at 4945 Lenoir Ave.
The Tru by Hilton brand promotes its rooms with “open shelves, doorless closets and wood-like flooring” along with a “large TV and premium channels.”
The hotel offers free breakfast and Wi-Fi, a 24/7 market, a fitness center, a lobby with workspaces along with activities like pool, foosball and board games.
In November, Tru by Hilton opened its 100th hotel in fewer than three years. Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. is based in McLean, Virginia.