The Jacksonville-based restaurant and local vendors marketplace is at 100 W. Bay St.
The Bread & Board and its Provisions marketplace opened Aug. 19 at Bay and Laura streets Downtown, bringing a restaurant, coffee shop, doughnuts, beer, flowers and more to the VyStar Credit Union campus.
Bread & Board co-founder Jonathan Cobbs joined owners and workers Aug. 19 as they set up the restaurant and marketplace for a soft opening at 100 W. Bay St.
“We’re going to open up the doors for people, let them try a few things as we get used to our kitchen,” Cobbs said.
“It’s actually two years in the making.”
Along with the restaurant, The Bread & Board Provisions said in a previous news release it will offer items from local vendors:
• Alewife Craft Beer Bottle Shop, craft beer taproom and bottle shop.
• Bark Urban Dog Boutique, natural foods, novelties and baked treats for dogs.
• Bee Friends Farm, Florida raw honey.
• Camp Craft Cocktails, home craft cocktail kits.
• Prati Italia - Chef Tom Gray, homemade pasta and pizza making staples.
• Congaree & Penn, specialty jams and grains, including rice, grits and middlings.
• Good Dough, handmade from-scratch doughnuts.
• Martin Coffee, Jacksonville’s original specialty coffee roaster.
• My Pepper Jelly, scratch made pepper jellies.
• Olive My Pickle, fermented and probiotic foods for gut health.
• Traders Hill Farm, fresh local produce.
• Wainwright Dairy, farm fresh, all-natural milk and cheese.
• And other local growers, dairies, artisan foods and crafts.
Peterbrooke Chocolatier is open next door in the building.
Bread & Board opened The Bread & Burger and Estrella Cocina concepts at the building in May on the VyStar Credit Union headquarters campus.
The Bread & Board said in a previous news release that its Downtown location offers made-to-order sandwiches, sandwich boards, salads and entrees. It said it will have a specialty cocktail menu, a full-service dining option and expanded hours. It also will offer grab-and-go items.
Cobbs said the concepts will be open for lunch for the next couple of days.
Eventually, The Bread & Board Downtown will be open 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays, and to 10 p.m. Friday-Saturday. Sunday brunch will be 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Provisions will open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 7 a.m.-10 p.m. on Friday; 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday.
Bread & Board closed its first restaurant in Five Points on Aug. 8. It will expand hours at its Town Center location at 4413 Town Center Parkway next to Publix.
Be the first to know the latest breaking news and information that business leaders rely on in this fast-paced changing Northeast Florida economy. Regional business news, trends and statistics needed to grow your business. Key upcoming events you won’t want to miss and much more. Click Here to Grow your Business NOW!