The Jacksonville-based restaurant and local vendors marketplace is at 100 W. Bay St.
The Bread & Board and its Provisions marketplace opened Aug. 19 at Bay and Laura streets Downtown, bringing a restaurant, coffee shop, doughnuts, beer, flowers and more to the VyStar Credit Union campus.
Bread & Board co-founder Jonathan Cobbs joined owners and workers Aug. 19 as they set up the restaurant and marketplace for a soft opening at 100 W. Bay St.
“We’re going to open up the doors for people, let them try a few things as we get used to our kitchen,” Cobbs said.
“It’s actually two years in the making.”
Along with the restaurant, The Bread & Board Provisions said in a previous news release it will offer items from local vendors:
• Alewife Craft Beer Bottle Shop, craft beer taproom and bottle shop.
• Bark Urban Dog Boutique, natural foods, novelties and baked treats for dogs.
• Bee Friends Farm, Florida raw honey.
• Camp Craft Cocktails, home craft cocktail kits.
• Prati Italia - Chef Tom Gray, homemade pasta and pizza making staples.
• Congaree & Penn, specialty jams and grains, including rice, grits and middlings.
• Good Dough, handmade from-scratch doughnuts.
• Martin Coffee, Jacksonville’s original specialty coffee roaster.
• My Pepper Jelly, scratch made pepper jellies.
• Olive My Pickle, fermented and probiotic foods for gut health.
• Traders Hill Farm, fresh local produce.
• Wainwright Dairy, farm fresh, all-natural milk and cheese.
• And other local growers, dairies, artisan foods and crafts.
Peterbrooke Chocolatier is open next door in the building.
Bread & Board opened The Bread & Burger and Estrella Cocina concepts at the building in May on the VyStar Credit Union headquarters campus.
The Bread & Board said in a previous news release that its Downtown location offers made-to-order sandwiches, sandwich boards, salads and entrees. It said it will have a specialty cocktail menu, a full-service dining option and expanded hours. It also will offer grab-and-go items.
Cobbs said the concepts will be open for lunch for the next couple of days.
Eventually, The Bread & Board Downtown will be open 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays, and to 10 p.m. Friday-Saturday. Sunday brunch will be 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Provisions will open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 7 a.m.-10 p.m. on Friday; 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday.
Bread & Board closed its first restaurant in Five Points on Aug. 8. It will expand hours at its Town Center location at 4413 Town Center Parkway next to Publix.