Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• Simon Rhodes was named provost and vice president of academic affairs at the University of North Florida as of June 30, becoming UNF’s chief academic officer. He will work closely with the president and the board of trustees and will oversee more than 560 full-time faculty members and six colleges. He was the dean of science at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, where he was responsible for a $73 million budget and oversees 185 faculty, 2,500 undergraduate students and hundreds of graduate and doctoral students. He replaces Pam Chally, interim provost following Earle Traynham’s retirement in the fall of 2017.
• Marla Quattrone joined The Loop Pizza Grill as chief marketing officer. Quattrone is responsible for branding, marketing, advertising, media and events along with continuing the corporate and employee culture of The Loop. Quattrone was CEO and chief brand strategist with Loop Creative Continuum.
• Michael Mayo, president of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville hospital, was elected to the American College of Healthcare Executives board of governors. He will serve a three-year term at the organization, whose membership is more than 48,000 health care executives.
• Heather Corey joined DLC Nurse & Learn as chief operating officer. She was director of development for The Salvation Army of Northeast Florida.
• Joe Agee joined Keel Point as chief business development officer. He is responsible for sales management, recruiting, sales coaching, marketing events, corporate services and strategic partnerships. He was executive director for Morgan Stanley’s Jacksonville and Valdosta markets.
Sleiman Enterprises promoted three people and hired three:
• Erin Chanatry was promoted from property manager to senior real estate manager, overseeing documented property financial reporting, managing lease performance and compliance, property inspections and vendor coordination.
• Michelle Meeker was promoted to controller, responsible for managing the daily operations of the accounting department, data analysis, tenant lease accounting, financial reporting and monthly overhead costs.
• Paul Thomas was promoted from property manager to vice president of asset management, responsible for leading the property management department managing the property portfolio and staff, creating tenant and business relationships and analyzing tenant sales and profits.
• Kevin Anderson joined as a leasing support associate, responsible for market studies, tenant mix analysis and finding new tenants. He was a real estate property tax intern with FirstPointe Advisors LLC.
• Shannon Ellis joined as an associate real estate manager, responsible for managing financial reporting, inspections, lease performance and compliance. She was a real estate acquisitions associate for Student Housing Solutions LLC.
• Eric Sloan joined as a development manager responsible for entitlements on property development and project management with the construction division, Target Contractors Inc. He was a right-of-way and site development specialist with Florida East Coast Railway.