Jackson-Shaw says strong demand driving plans for 93,600-square-foot flexible-use building.
Jackson-Shaw is launching another speculative warehouse building at Jacksonville International Tradeport in North Jacksonville.
The Dallas-based developer submitted plans for a 93,600-square-foot flexible-use building at the business park at southwest Interstate 295 and Airport Road.
Company President and CEO Michele Wheeler said Jackson-Shaw is developing the building because of “strong demand in Jacksonville” and “to address growing tenant leasing needs.”
She said construction on the warehouse, called International Distribution Center 5, will begin in June and be completed in January.
Wheeler said Haskew Company & Associates Inc. is the general contractor and Cushman & Wakefield is the broker. AVA Engineers Inc. is the civil engineer.
Plans show 83,600 square feet of warehouse space and 10,000 square feet for offices.
“The building offers access to superior amenities, high visibility, great transportation access to I-95 and 295 in Jacksonville International Tradeport, a well-established business park adjacent to Jacksonville International Airport,” she said in an emailed statement.
Wheeler said it will be Jackson-Shaw’s eighth building in Jacksonville.
Meanwhile, J&J New Kings Road LLC applied to the city to build its proposed 373,650-square-foot warehouse distribution center in Northwest Jacksonville at a construction cost of $12 million.
No contractor is listed for the project on 25 acres at 10940 New Kings Road.
J&J New Kings Road LLC is led by Seattle-based Lake Washington Partners. Kimley-Horn and Associates Inc. is the civil engineer. ATA/Beilharz Architects of Cincinnati is the architect.
No tenant has been announced for the cross-dock warehouse.
Comfort Inn & Suites in review near Costco on Parramore Road
A four-story, 85-room Comfort Inn & Suites is in city review for a Southwest Jacksonville hotel along Parramore Road near Costco Wholesale Corp.
The Concurrency Management System Office is reviewing plans for the 47,000-square-foot project on 1.56 acres.
CR3 Hospitality LLC is the developer. It is based at the Country Inn & Suites at Interstate 295 and Youngerman Circle.
The St. Johns River Water Management District also is reviewing an application for the Comfort Inn & Suites.
The Comfort Inn & Suites site is along Parramore Road on the I-295 site. Costco is on the opposite side of Parramore.
Plans show it will include a pool, fitness center, breakfast seating and a meeting room.
• The Walmart Supercenter at 13490 Beach Blvd. will be remodeled at the front with registers, checkouts and equipment and additional self-checkouts and a pickup area in front. Prime Retail Services Inc. is the contractor for the $250,000 project.
• Untuckit will build-out in St. Johns Town Center at 4775 Town Center Parkway. The 1,500-square-foot space is next to Ann Taylor. The New York City-based retailer that sells men’s, women’s and boy’s shirts designed to be worn untucked, as well as dresses, pants, sport coats, jackets and other clothing. Kaneco Construction LLC is the contractor for the $250,000 project.
• National Vision Inc. of Braselton, Georgia, applied for a Certificate of Use for America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses at 11770 Atlantic Blvd., where it will occupy 3,500 square feet. Kay Jewelers and GNC also will lease in the three-unit building, under development at southwest Atlantic and Kernan boulevards.
• The St. Johns River Water Management District is reviewing a permit for Chase Bank in The Pavilion at Durbin Park. Chase would build a 3,493-square-foot bank on 1.152 acres along Race Track Road in the St. Johns County retail center that will be anchored by The Home Depot and a Walmart Supercenter.
• Sonny’s BBQ in Mandarin will be renovated at a cost of $205,000. The city issued a permit Friday for Benmar Construction LLC to remodel the interior and exterior of the 6,084-square-foot building at 12485 San Jose Blvd. The interior work includes demolition and construction of entry and half-walls, removal and installation of floor and ceiling tiles. It also includes relocation of the salad bar. Exterior work includes façade replacement, installation of storefront and door windows, a new parapet wall over the entry and painting. There also will be new plumbing and electrical work
• The city is reviewing civil landscaping plans for McDonald’s to remodel its 11682 San Jose Blvd. restaurant and a building permit application for a $300,000 interior and exterior alteration for its restaurant at 11310 Beach Blvd.
• The city is reviewing an expansion and remodel for Burger King at 7725 Lem Turner Road.
• Pura Bean won approvals to build-out space in Riverside for its second coffee shop. McAneny Builders LLC is the contractor for the $35,000 project to renovate 900 square feet of space at 915 King St. Pura Bean Holdings Inc. President Chris Diedrich opened his first shop in July 2016 at 14286 Beach Blvd. at San Pablo Road.