New Burger King for Dunn Avenue; Outback Steakhouse renovating.
Good Dough scheduled a grand opening Saturday at its new St. Johns Town Center doughnut shop at 10281 Midtown Parkway.
The Town Center store hours are 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday.
The store has been open for a few weeks. Good Dough’s flagship shop is in San Marco.
• Peterbrooke Chocolatier reports that in 2018, it sold more than 108,600 pounds of its signature chocolate-covered popcorn (more than 289,000 6-ounce bags); hand-dipped 46,757 strawberries for Valentine’s Day; and gave away almost 13,000 scoops of its handmade gelato during a July promotion. The Jacksonville-based company was created in 1983 in San Marco and has been franchising since 2006. Today it has more than 20 locations in the Southeast. Peterbrooke is looking for area developers and single- and multiunit operators. The initial investment ranges from about $222,750 to $343,500, including a $25,000 franchise fee. Visit peterbrookefranchising.com.
• Burger King plans a new restaurant at 6757 Dunn Ave. The property owner is Dunn SDC LLC of Miami and the developer is Dunn BK Development LLC of New Orleans, according to civil plans in review by the city. The 66-seat, 3,103-square-foot building is planned on a 1.06-acre site.
• Firehouse Subs was approved by St. Johns County for a $160,000 build-out of a 1,600-square-foot restaurant at 480 Durbin Pavilion Drive, Suite 103, at a cost of $120,000.
• Two Panera Bread restaurants are in review for construction or renovation. The city is reviewing a permit application for construction of a 4,777-square-foot Panera Bread on 1 acre at 13750 Old St. Augustine Road at a cost of $750,000. The city also is reviewing an application for renovations of the Panera Bread at CB Square in Arlington at 9301 Atlantic Blvd. The $160,000 project includes interior remodeling.
• The city is reviewing a permit application for construction of a 2,265-square-foot Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen on 1.14 acres at 45 Duval Station Road in North Jacksonville.
• Outback Steakhouse is renovating its restaurant at 9773 San Jose Blvd. at a cost of $451,000. Work includes interior remodeling of the bar, bathroom and dining areas of the almost 6,000-square-foot building.
• Jersey Mike’s wants to build out at 9711 Applecross Road in the OakLeaf area. Ticon Inc. is the contractor for the $182,000 tenant work for 1,020 square feet of space. A permit is in review.
• Mack’s Tenders is coming to the Bay95 retail center at 8738 Baymeadows Road E. The city issued a permit for The Ford Co. Inc. to build-out 1,200 square feet of space at a cost of $140,000.