Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• CSX Corp. announced the appointments of Kevin Boone as executive vice president and chief financial officer, and Jamie Boychuk as executive vice president of operations.
Boone had been interim chief financial officer since May when Frank Lonegro left the company. Boone joined CSX in September 2017 as vice president of corporate affairs and chief investor relations officer.
Boychuk, who joined the company in 2017, was most recently senior vice president of network operations, mechanical, engineering and intermodal operations.
• Lisa Valentine was named CEO of Orange Park Medical Center. She has been with HCA Healthcare since 1992, most recently as CEO for HCA’s Summerville Medical Center near Charleston, South Carolina. She grew up in Live Oak and received her bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from the University of Florida.
• James Coggin joined The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida as a program director on the grant-making team. He has 10 years of experience in the nonprofit sector focusing on community development, affordable housing, and building the capacity of nonprofit organizations.
• The JaxPort board of directors named new officers:
Chairman: John D. Baker II, executive chairman and CEO of FRP Holdings Inc.
Vice chairman: Jamie Shelton, president of bestbet Jacksonville.
Treasurer: Wendy Hamilton, president, Eventide Investments of Florida Inc.
Secretary: J. Palmer Clarkson, founder, president and CEO of Bridgestone HosePower KKC.
They will serve in those positions through Sept. 20.
Other board members include immediate past Chairman John Falconetti, chairman and CEO of Jacksonville-based print services provider Drummond; Ed Fleming, retired president and CEO, Atlantic Marine Holding Co. LLC; and John Newman, senior pastor, The Sanctuary at Mount Calvary.
• The Northeast Florida Regional Council Regional Leadership Academy graduated its 14th class. It comprises Tyler Nolen, regional planner with the council; Susan Grich, president and CEO of the Health Planning Council of Northeast Florida; Lori Boyer, CEO of the Downtown Investment Authority; Christine Hoffman, director of Beaches Museum and History Park and a Jacksonville Beach City Council member; Dave Rogers, vice chair of St. Johns County Soil and Water Conservation District 5; Taco Pope, assistant county manager, Nassau County; and Robbi Correa, president of Revitalize Historic Palatka.
• Habitat for Humanity of Jacksonville elected three board members for a three-year term:
Drew Himel is founder and chief executive officer with PCR Agency.
Robert Lupoli is senior vice president of retail operations director at TIAA Bank.
John-Paul Saenz executive vice president and chief operating officer at Haskell.