Perfect weather and the annual Jacksonville Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Chili Cook-off brought a big crowd to Riverside Arts Market on Feb. 19.
Thirty-two teams competed for awards based on decisions of a panel of 4th Circuit and Duval County judges in addition to the crowd favorite award decided by votes cast by the public after tasting the entries.
The 2022 winners:
• Best overall: Taylor Day
• Meatiest: The Law Offices of Ron Sholes
• Most spirited: Rogers Towers
• Best fixin’s: Gunster
• Most original: Coleman Talley
• Spiciest: Woolsey Morcum Attorneys at Law
• Best cornbread: Rubenstein Law
• Crowd favorite: Cobb & Gonzalez
About $20,000 in proceeds from team registrations and sponsorships will benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Florida, said Kayla Haines Herrin, YLS Chili Cook-off Committee co-chair.